Opeth and Absinthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new year was brought in (well actually on the 28th, as I rarely do anything exciting on new year's eve) with a nice combination of LSD and music, which worked just fine. I tried a bit of absinthe from a bottle once and promptly spat it out and asked if my friends were trying to kill me. horrible stuff, but one day I'll try it properly.

Why isn't the title alcohol and opeth? Absinthe being anything special is just a rumour, the so called "wormwood intoxication" is more an illusion than anything else, it is the high amount of alcohol that is "the thing" with absinthe.

^yup, anyone who drinks absinthe and hallucinates is an idiot, completely psychosomatic effects

^ Yeah, the thujone doesn´t do anything.

To answer the initial question, yes I sometimes listen to Opeth while being drunk.

now, that absinthe is supposed to be diluted with cold water and drunk with sugar but i think it's a bunch of bull...that whole french method and the whatnot. i think it's better with very very little shots. after a while that whole burning sensation becomes really enjoyable.

but you're not a man unless you can drink straight chinese baijiu, easily the most vile substance ever meant to be consumed

This thread reminds me of a party I went to during the summer.

The idiots at said party tested each other's manhood by drinking Everclear straight up.

That isn't a smart thing to do, guys. I was one of two people whose common sense told them that drinking pure grain alcohol can't be safe.

Unlike Van Gogh I went for the more street level type of absinthe rush/aftermath experience.

I had a couple of glasses during a DJ session I did a few years back together with Leif from Candlemass. In the cab back home I got so sick and vomited all over the car and then threw a wrinkled up stack of dough on the cabdriver and pissed off. I think I paid him 500 SEK for a 200 SEK cabride, just because I was too sick to wait for change.

I guess he had to clean it up so he deserved the tip I think...

I kinda like the taste though but it's a fucking devious little drink!

Mike

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7932684 said:
Unlike Van Gogh I went for the more street level type of absinthe rush/aftermath experience.

I had a couple of glasses during a DJ session I did a few years back together with Leif from Candlemass. In the cab back home I got so sick and vomited all over the car and then threw a wrinkled up stack of dough on the cabdriver and pissed off. I think I paid him 500 SEK for a 200 SEK cabride, just because I was too sick to wait for change.

I guess he had to clean it up so he deserved the tip I think...

I kinda like the taste though but it's a fucking devious little drink!

Mike

this post is totally off-topic, can a moderator please ban this user?

Status
Not open for further replies.