Opeth and Absinthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikael Åkerfeldt;7932684 said:
Unlike Van Gogh I went for the more street level type of absinthe rush/aftermath experience.

I had a couple of glasses during a DJ session I did a few years back together with Leif from Candlemass. In the cab back home I got so sick and vomited all over the car and then threw a wrinkled up stack of dough on the cabdriver and pissed off. I think I paid him 500 SEK for a 200 SEK cabride, just because I was too sick to wait for change.

I guess he had to clean it up so he deserved the tip I think...

I kinda like the taste though but it's a fucking devious little drink!

Mike

I like the taste as well. It reminds me of a cross between sambuca and ouzo, with a much more herbal flavor. We had two vomit casualties from the absinthe the first night. Round two was last night because everyone was so hung over from the night before, most crashed at our place.
We almost finished the bottle of the first bottle of Lucid, and we still have one bottle to go. I think we will save that for next new years gathering.

If you are in Michigan Mike, you are more than welcome to come and hang with us, and I promise Jessica will not make anyone tie her shoes.

Leon
Lead Drummer
Recycle The Soul

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7932684 said:
Unlike Van Gogh I went for the more street level type of absinthe rush/aftermath experience.

I had a couple of glasses during a DJ session I did a few years back together with Leif from Candlemass. In the cab back home I got so sick and vomited all over the car and then threw a wrinkled up stack of dough on the cabdriver and pissed off. I think I paid him 500 SEK for a 200 SEK cabride, just because I was too sick to wait for change.

I guess he had to clean it up so he deserved the tip I think...

I kinda like the taste though but it's a fucking devious little drink!

Mike

Now every time I'm in a cab and feel those gritty bits on the seat, I'll think there's a chance I'm touching your vomit. :headbang:

this post is totally off-topic, can a moderator please ban this user?

I was about to quote it and you had to say it :mad: Now everyone will think I quoted it because you said it.

Fuck it I'll do it anyway :p

I was in a bad mood this morning, you've just made me laugh. Thank you!
:err: don't ban me for being off-topic, please. I'll retreat back to my corner now...

hey mix what purchases have you made recently? we're all dying to know...

Hmm... let's see.... I bought the strainer spoon and some sugar cubes for my absinthe glass, a pack on DR blacks for my shitty J. Reynolds guitar, the Roundhouse Tapes DVD, some Delta rp4993 washers and springs for my kitchen sink, mold resistant drywall panels, twelve premium 2"x4"x8' studs for framing the wall in the basement, Great Stuff crack filler, some new energy efficient bulbs for replacing some burnt out bulbs, a two liter of mountain dew, four LG Rumor phones for my guitar player, his wife, my mother in law, and my mom. I am going to send "Deliverance" to the phones for my ringtone when I call them. A Stanley heater for my fiance for the bathroom; she gets cold in the morning. Wall-e on DVD. One male xlr end for a mic cable, Sabian Cymbal Cleaner (I highly recommend it, spray it on and wipe it off and shiny cymbals abound. No rubbing and no buffing at all! ) Two pairs of dipped 5b Zildjian nylon tip sticks. Purina Dog and Cat Chow and some clumping cat litter. And today anitpunx13, I am going to go shopping and get some some plus size lingerie and a vibrator for your mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.