Opeth and gingerbread biscuit

Opeth.com

Apr 22, 2001
www.opeth.com
I had a quite weird Opeth experience today. Me and Melinda (Mirjam was sitting in her babysitter) was making gingerbread biscuits when Mike came up from downstairs to listen to a mixed Opeth track that he had received from Jens (producer). He put it on and the track is amazing and really insane. It has so much twits and turns so it is impossible to follow and take it in all at once! Anyway standing there making the biscuits it felt kind of weird... and they were almost burned in the owen.

I have heard three mixed tracks and as a listener you don´t get a break. I can promise you guys that this album will be as far from boring as it possible can!

So from me to you that makes this forum alive A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Anna

Merry Christmas Anna, kids, amd Mr.! Wishing yall all the best! :D

And a happy New Year, too!

Opeth and gingerbread biscuit
I had a quite weird Opeth experience today. Me and Melinda (Mirjam was sitting in her babysitter) was making gingerbread biscuits when Mike came up from downstairs to listen to a mixed Opeth track that he had received from Jens (producer). He put it on and the track is amazing and really insane. It has so much twits and turns so it is impossible to follow and take it in all at once! Anyway standing there making the biscuits it felt kind of weird... and they were almost burned in the owen.

I have heard three mixed tracks and as a listener you don´t get a break. I can promise you guys that this album will be as far from boring as it possible can!

So from me to you that makes this forum alive A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Anna

Excellent!!!

Agus Nollaig sona a chara!!

the thing thats worrieing me is.. I dont want the album to turn into a bunch of non-direction peices that have 213 loosely tied together riffs on each song. we had that problem on orchid, and morningrise. I had thought mike has grown as a songwriter. hopefully im looking to far into this.

I loved ghost of perdition. (aswell as every opeth song for that matter). But GOP is a perfect example of a song that has tons of things going on, but a direction. heres hopeing that the record is not tied so loosly together its like listening to 10 different radiotapes.

the thing thats worrieing me is.. I dont want the album to turn into a bunch of non-direction peices that have 213 loosely tied together riffs on each song. we had that problem on orchid, and morningrise. I had thought mike has grown as a songwriter. hopefully im looking to far into this.

I loved ghost of perdition. (aswell as every opeth song for that matter). But GOP is a perfect example of a song that has tons of things going on, but a direction. heres hopeing that the record is not tied so loosly together its like listening to 10 different radiotapes.

you REALLY need to chill out

Wow, you couldn't have been so wrong with this post. How are you even an opeth fan?

I agree with you on Orchid and Morningrise lacking in direction, but something to consider is that Mike has grown significantly in terms of musicianship. You mentioned the best example yourself - Ghost of Perdition, or the entire Ghost Reveries, for that matter. Every metal song on this album has a very clear direction and changes quite a bit, especially Ghost of Perdition and The Baying of the Hounds. The songs are marvelous and as dynamic as one would hope.

I have complete confidence in Mike to produce an incredible album, our experience with his creation doesn't have anything to lead us to think otherwise. He hasn't made a confused-sounding album since Morningrise, so why should we think he will now? Note that the difference between the first two records and My Arms Your Hearse and the ones following it are immense - it's like two completely different types of music. Unless Mike says he wants to create another Orchid/Morningrise type album, or someone says an album sounds like them, I don't believe there's any reason for us to expect one, let alone worry about it.

Have a nice day :)

wow, sorry that my statement was harsh. I didnt mean to come off like that.

But i just kept thinking that it was going to end up directionless (like the new between the buried and me). I get like this before new opeth releases. Always expecting the worst, but then when i hear it it goes back me me thinking they are the best band in the world for 2 years until the next release. Then i get scared again. Until i get proven wrong once again.

its a fun cycle.