Opeth and Katatonia

staalestygg

New Metal Member
Apr 8, 2002
Australia
Visit site
Is there a connection between the brilliant Opeth and the even more brilliant Katatonia. i just bought the Opeth cd a couple of weeks ago and I must say it is awesome. I noticed Opeth put Katatonia on the top of their thank you list.

right, the Katatonia album Brave Murder Day has Miakel from Opeth on the growling parts, which is most of the album. they're friends and Mikael helpped with the music/lyrics with some of the albums. the bands are good friends and they just finished a European tour together, oh yeah Mikael also sings on one or 2 Katatonia EPs from BMD days.

welcome to the board, and post all your katatonia questions :)

Mikael Akerfeldt and Jonas Renkse are apparently best friends and worked together and lived in the same apartment block....

So you're right. There's definitely a link. Not to mention what the others have already said about guest appearences etc.

Originally posted by Dismal
Mikael does not do the vocals on Sounds of Decay.

he doesn't? while i actually don't have sounds of decay, it'd always been my impression that he did do vocals on it... if not mikael, who is doing vox then??

Originally posted by Dismal
Mikael does not do the vocals on Sounds of Decay.
Spot the person who doesn't actually own a legal copy :D
I take it the part on the inside cover that says "vocals by mike akerfeldt courtesy of opeth & candelight records" is a misprint then.......

:p :D

right im fucking lost now...Lisa, complete the sentence...mikael did/n't do the vocals on sounds of decay.

yeah i've downloaded those songs about 6 times, and somehow each time they get deleted or something :angry: oh well, still looking for the original...(although as big a fan as i am, im never paying more than £20 for Saw You Drown EP, we aren't all that rich dont you know :p