Opeth and Shredding

its da serantiy paint it def, yo

and I could hear a growling trombone section in TGC

and shreding is bad, I'd hold my breath and wait for the song to begin again.

Some Guy said:
Try to look at it in an objective light...and how can you say it would not fit in Opeth's music if you've never heard it. If Opeth and shredding ever does happen and you hear it and don't like it, then that's another story.

good god you sound stupid. You have no arguement. What you just said is like me saying "well dog shit with toilet bowl cleaner on it might taste good, you don't know that it'll taste bad unless you try it!!"

Sean Casey said:
good god you sound stupid. You have no arguement. What you just said is like me saying "well dog shit with toilet bowl cleaner on it might taste good, you don't know that it'll taste bad unless you try it!!"

Put you're glasses on dumbass and read more carefully...I'm strictly talking about music and nothing else. I don't knock anything until I hear it. How you got on dog shit tasting good or whatever is beyond me. Wow, I never knew how ignorant, and idiotic some fans of metal really are...

Some Guy said:
Put you're glasses on dumbass and read more carefully...I'm strictly talking about music and nothing else. I don't knock anything until I hear it. How you got on dog shit tasting good or whatever is beyond me. Wow, I never knew how ignorant, and idiotic some fans of metal really are...

we've all heard shredding and we've all heard Opeth. we don't need to hear them together to know what it'll sound like.

and I think it's funny how you're insulting my intellegence when you can't even tell the difference between "your" and "you're"

Some Guy said:

a·nal·o·gy P Pronunciation Key (-nl-j)
n. pl. a·nal·o·gies
Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
A comparison based on such similarity.

Some Guy said:

So are you saying that you couldn't possibly imagine what Opeth might sound like with a bit of shredding?? I think you need to use your imagination a bit more dude...

On a seperate note, I personally think that although I like some (tasteful) shredding, it would definately not suite Opeth's sound...

I vote for Michael angelo batio as tasteful shredder advised for next Opeth albums.

Him or the Green Day touring guitarist.

You want tasteful shredding ? Andy Timmons, George Lynch, Malmsteen on occasion, Petrucci most of the time, Vinnie Moore etc etc

Shred is great and it would be indeed could if Mikael could put a shredding solo here and there !

Death_To_False_Metal said:
Shred is great and it would be indeed could if Mikael could put a shredding solo here and there !

Benighted1 said:
I personally think that although I like some (tasteful) shredding, it would definately not suite Opeth's sound...

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Most of the people on this forum hate shredding. I love it, so I think this is a great idea.

illidurit said:
shred is terrible

Sean Casey said:

"Argument" is the correct spelling, not "arguement." BTW, I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I'm simply curious to hear what Opeth would sound like with some shred and what some of you thought...nothing more, nothing less. I didn't want any bitching and people getting offended.

CAIRATH said:
I am looking at it objectively. Opeth's music is not the type of music that goes together with shredding. I don't need to actually hear it to be absolutely one hundred percent sure of that. Really, imagining a shred solo on an album like MAYH, Still Life or Blackwater Park is almost offensive to me.

And with your reasoning you might as well start a topic about if it would be a good idea to add hiphop beats to Opeth songs.

You are not being objective, you are being subjective, and it is your opinion that Opeth's music does not mix with shredding. Also saying that you do not need to hear it to be 100% sure is ignorant. I can imagine a shred solo on Blackwater Park just fine and I don't know what to say to you finding a shred solo almost offensive on Blackwater Park...it is just Opeth and shredding for Christs' sake. As for hip-hop and Opeth, although I hate most hip-hop if it sounds good to me, I would listen to it...I am not some metal elitist. I never thought Anthrax and Public Enemy could sound good together but they do.