Opeth Shred

That PM riff before the solo on leper affinity is a little tough, just hard to get it perfect. Most of the solos on Still Life are the hardest for me. I havent really tried to learn all of them, but the one I know the most is serenity painted death. Its pretty cool to play, but one of the last parts is the hardest. Most of their riffs are pretty easy, but my vote would go to Still Life for having the most difficult parts to play or learn.

Yeah, my vote also goes to White Cluster, most of thier solos are just there to add to the mood though, so they're not technically amazing, but that is what I like.

Shred solo's get kinda boring after a while.

Id go with White Cluster, or Peters in Deliverance, they are nuts. The nly Opeth solo i tried to learn is from TBYF its not exactly the hardest solo ever written, buts its awesome.

I'd say "White Cluster" is their best solo. I don't like Yngwie Malmsteen solos, or Joe Satriani, because all the "technical" solos seem to lack a human quality. That's just my opinion.

whether you're being sarcastic or not, the solo is hidden well behind the awesome rhythm section, and isn't as loud in volume, as others, so..

but it's one of my favorite solos in one of my favorite opeth songs.

ethereallights said:
because all the "technical" solos seem to lack a human quality. That's just my opinion.

Thats my opinion aswell, no matter how good they are they will never match the feel that guys like gilmour, hendrix, latimer, page and so many other great emotional guitar players have. Thats the good thing about opeth solo's (and thier music in general) they arent trying to show off, its to enhance the song.

Alternative 3 said:
Thats my opinion aswell, no matter how good they are they will never match the feel that guys like gilmour, hendrix, latimer, page and so many other great emotional guitar players have. Thats the good thing about opeth solo's (and thier music in general) they arent trying to show off, its to enhance the song.

This guys got my back.......

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
Orchid also has some great guitar work.

Indeed, I most definitely agree with you here on that point. In my personal opinion, I do believe that the ''Orchid'' album just happens behold the most greatest lead guitar work in Opeth's entire career.

hmmm...i dunno it seems to me..that Opeth has some very unconventional riffage, but solos seem to be simple...with focus on feeling rather then technically, I guess Epilogue is my favorite Opeth solo...the tapping section at the beggining is bad ass....not a lot of that in opeth, fret tapping that is