Hardest Opeth Song to Play

It's hard for me to play most Opeth songs because I can never get the right sound with just me playing (I need a second guitarist). With that said, I can play:

Demon of the Fall
The Drapery Falls
Bleak (does NOT sound good with just one guitar, and some parts are impossible to sound right at all)

I can also play parts of a lot of songs...

The Drapery Falls
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance
White Cluster
Patterns In The Ivy 2
Hope Leaves

The hardest i've had to play was White Cluster or The Leper Affinity

I'd say the first two albums are pretty easy to play

Forest of october
In Mist she was standing
deliverance
Blackwater park
Advent
In my time of need
Patterns in the ivy

there's a couple of others. The acoustic parts are the trickiest parts, imo

My Opeth practice list includes:

Forest
Advent
April Eth
Demon
Godhead's
White Cluster
Leper
Drapery
Blackwater
Deliverance
Wreath
Master's
Judgement
Windowpane
In my time
Closure

Entire songs (mostly both guitar parts) mind you, minus the most of the solos...I'm too lazy. I like to improvise anyway. My favorite solo that I know is the last Forest solo. No Opeth song is really all that difficult to play, usually just kinda busy. I'd say the trickiest bits for me are the fast arrpegiated stuff like in the break of Godhead's...I'm not all that great at fingerpicking either, but I'm getting better.]

If you want to learn some songs on guitar that will bake yer fuckin' noodle, learn some songs off of Prometheus by Emperor.

Mr. Niel said:
I'd say the trickiest bits for me are the fast arrpegiated stuff like in the break of Godhead's....
one of my favorite parts ever. i find the speed to be a bit much for me but it will come with practice, no?

*dorian looks for encouragement*

You said that you find the speed a bit too much for you and assumed it would come with practice. I said 'yes', and then added that you'll have more difficulty with the style than the speed because ultimately that's harder to develop. Hence unfortunate for you, me, Mr Niel, my budgerigar and anybody else that's ever heard/played a guitar.

The acoustic part in The Moor when he sings "there is no forgiveness, in these eyes..."
That's hard. Wouldn't even think about singing at the same time.
I most of the time find the acoustic parts to be harder then the heavy parts. Maybe it's just because I'm not really used to play that kind of things.

the hardest thing they wrote is the bridge in closure between the opening riff and the trippy extended repeating riff.. i found that the hardest to tab.. everything else is ok if u listen closely and break down the chords in ure head

I know some shite, but I usually forget to pick up one of the riffs in a song. I'd say Still Life has the trickiest songs. BWP has a riffing style that is pretty natural to me, so that one isn't that hard. Mayh has some tricky left-hand position in some of the songs,

at the last opeth show i screamed and demanded they play sweet home alabama .. but sadly they refused

I'm assuming all of you guys are talking about what songs you can play on the guitar. That's pretty good guys, some of you have a respectable list. On the drums I can play;
Ok, well, I can play all songs but that's just making up stuff, and keeping time, I might not have the exact drum fill, If I didn't learn the song. I know all songs good enough to not fuck up, from all albums, maybe except Orchid. But what I can play exactly;
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Blackwater Park (if I have the energy for the prolonged double bass at the end)
The Leper Affinity
Harvest
The Funeral Portrait
Demon Of The Fall
Face Of Melinda
Bleak
When
April Ethereal (maybe not, I can kind of play it)
The Amen Corner
All of Damnation.
I think that's it. Anyway, I just want to say this is all pretty much high energy playing except for Damnation. And sometimes I try to play it and just can't, for exhaustion reasons, then I get really pissed off and all depressed, lol.

[edit] Oh, and as for hardest song, I would have to say......I don't know let me listen to a few songs I think are hard, and edit again. But I'm probably going to say something off of Still Life.

I play bass and guitar. On bass, I found the most difficult one I've learned was The Leper Affinity, the second hardest being The Drapery Falls. On guitar, I'd have to say the hardest one I learned was Deliverance. But then again, I am a bass player

The Drapery Falls said:
I play bass and guitar. On bass, I found the most difficult one I've learned was The Leper Affinity, the second hardest being The Drapery Falls. On guitar, I'd have to say the hardest one I learned was Deliverance. But then again, I am a bass player

See how everybody is different? My brother says Deliverance is easy on the guitar, but stuff like Leper is hard. haha. Well, Leper bass=Guitar Deliv and bass Deliv=Gutiar leper i guess!

One thing that always gave me trouble was the second part of the bridge in "A Fair Judgement"(right before "Leave it be...")...that's pretty intricate fingerpicking, with some real weird chords (like all opeth songs) and cool runs. when i finally got it down, i was so excited i kicked my mom in the face!

My vote goes to the moor. Some guitar parts as the powertab i've got puts them, are just impossible. Simply put, impossible. They require some very large finger span and the ability to change to it very very quickly.
I've been playing for many years and I still avoid most of that song, I had no problems with the start, but things just got harder and harder.