Epilogue
Madrigal
Patterns in the Ivy
Benighted
Forest of October
The Drapery Falls
Advent
Harvest

and various parts of other Opeth tracks.

Out of the ones I know in their entirety, THe Leper Affinity is definately the hardest. The hardest Opeth track I've encountered however... possibly Godhead's Lament or White Cluster. The tracks off Still Life are the hardest for me to play (not saying that means I can't play them).

Serenity Painted Death has some really screwed up rhythms that I can't seem to get a hold of straight away like I can with other Opeth songs.

I can play The Leper Affinity, Deliverance, Wreath (minus solos), Demon of the Fall, The Drapery Falls, Harvest, Patterns in the Ivy, almost all of Windowpane, working on In The Mist She Was Standing, and a bunch of assorted riffs and parts from other songs.

Of those, Leper is the hardest.
I don't know about hardest overall. Haven't tried them all yet.

I've always thought The Moor was one of the more tricky Opeth songs.

Pretty much the only Opeth song i know all the way through on guitar is The Leper Affinity. I used to know Advent too, but i forgot most of that. Oh and April Ethereal.

The only song I can play straight through is the drapery falls... and then i know a lot of excerpts from songs... just sitting around riffing about is really what I'm in to

i can play them all.. but i find closure to be the hardest since i tab the songs by ear..

Moonlapse said:
I can play

The Leper Affinity
Forest of October
Demon of the Fall
Epilogue
Madrigal
Patterns in the Ivy
Benighted
Forest of October
The Drapery Falls
Advent
Harvest

and various parts of other Opeth tracks.

Out of the ones I know in their entirety, THe Leper Affinity is definately the hardest. The hardest Opeth track I've encountered however... possibly Godhead's Lament or White Cluster. The tracks off Still Life are the hardest for me to play (not saying that means I can't play them).
\

so you can play 2 FoO's? the forest of october AND the forest of october (the remix, featuring the mushrooms?) :-D hahaha

sands of the seas said:
I've always thought The Moor was one of the more tricky Opeth songs.QUOTE]

Mikeal even said it was hard to play, but it sounds fucking awesome live.

I'd say serenity painted death, there are so many odd timed riffs.

I can play

Demon
April
Deliverance
Harvest
Closure
IMTON

The only things that own me on The Moor are the acoustic parts... that's mainly because it's so hard to hear what's being played and whether the tabs im using are accurate enough to go off without refinement.

As a fledgling guitarist awesome-player-wannabe I must say I find the first two albums MUCH easier to play. Still Life messes me up something crazy, as does MAYH and Blackwater Park (to a lesser extent). Many of the melodies and stuff from the first two albums are very simple and help to improve lead work...

Bored said:
first 2 albums just have alot to memorize.. not necessarily the hardest

Yeah pretty easy really, not much I can't do from them but occasionally there are a few bits that escape me.

Plus I'm not exactly the most accurate player...a bit clumsy.

I can play Forest Of October, Black Rose Immortal and Benighted. I haven't practiced them in a while, though. I should brush up on them soon. I only learn the more prominent melodies in the song; I don't know both guitar parts to each song. I should learn them, though. As far as solos go, I know both of the solos in Forest Of October and Black Rose Immortal (obviously), as well as both of the solos in Deliverance. I still haven't mastered the solo in Benighted.

The Leper Affinity wasn't that hard for me to learn, except between 0:28-0:56 (was a tab bit tricky). Serenity Painted Death, however, was probably the hardest for me. I usually learn by ear, and compare to that tabs at www.opeth.darkwood.com

Complete:

Masters Apprentices
By the pain I see in others
Wreath (only 3/4)

Parts:

Deliverance (1/2)
A fair judgement
Dirge for November
Demon
Godheads Lament
Serenity painted death
Bleak