Opeth and Therion

Slaydon

Jul 28, 2008
right outside Oslo, Norway
Does anybody see any similarities between Opeth and Therion? Therion uses choirs and female singers a lot, but they also have a male singer who growls a lot. Their music is also a blend of prog and death metal, although slightly more prog than death metal. I guess there are Therion fans here,or?

Therion is def one of the best "bands" out there. But like Opeth, never thought about that. It just don't make sense to me.

I think it's only because you are too much focusing on these two bands that you are somehow able to see similarities, but these similiarities are probably too low to be considered. There are similarities in everything if you want my opinion.

I think it's only because you are too much focusing on these two bands that you are somehow able to see similarities, but these similiarities are probably too low to be considered. There are similarities in everything if you want my opinion.

i see no similarity between the tooth fairy and king leonidas

They are credited in the Orchid liner notes.
They both play some brand of metal some percentage of the time.
That's where the similarities end.

^If I remember correctly. Therion are still together. I used to listen to them ages ago, but they don't do much for me anymore tbh.
Hmm yeah the band is still there but didn't most of the members part ways? Same here btw, used to like them a few years ago but not so much anymore. Beyond Sanctorum is supposed to be very innovative Death Metal though so perhaps I should give that another try. I didn't appreciate the vocals at that time.

Therion is one of my very favorite bands, but there are next to no similarities between them and Opeth!
About the current band members - none but the mastermind, Christopher Johnsson. All other members had parted ways with the band.