Opeth around the campfire.

Ah, I see we have the same guitar. :) I've been learning their acoustic/clean stuff rather than heavy bits... I need to fix that.
I've learned the Pattern in the Ivys, Still Day Beneath the Sun (requires a capo), some Damnation songs, Benighted, and Coil on acoustic as well as the interludes to BWP, A Fair Judgment and some others. There's plenty to choose from.

Learn the acoustic part to "The Twlight is my Robe."

But if you REALLY want to impress, bring a Cello and play Master's Apprentices like this guy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of what these guys have said are gonna do you well. I'd recommend Demon of the Fall - I Love the way that sounds on acoustic, especially the lick under the 'demon - demon of the fall' lyrics. Sounds so damn good :D

Edit: and to bid you farewell is pretty easy and one of my old favs

i think hope leaves will be good on a campfire :) if you'll play on a camp fire you'd better play soft songs of opeth.maybe damnation is a good album for this ;)

the guy with the cello is ruining on of my fav songs. oh dear.

on the campfire discussion I want to put forward Harvest +1

Klämrisk;7489405 said:
Play BUUUUURDEEEN, it's REALLY simple, at least the rhythm guitar...

I agree on this... but the complete song wouldn't be great for a campfire, only the first parts. My opinion and I think most would agree : Harvest is the song for that. Sure there are many other songs that could be fine, but this one seems perfect for that. Damnation could also be interesting.

EDIT: Correction, I was thinking about Hessian Peel, sorry. Burden is perfect for campfire.