OPETH clones

Oct 24, 2002
www.domain-band.tk
Ok boys and ladies... can u post here some bands that sound like OPETH clones or copycats? I know just few and I wonder are there more bands that like to play like Opeth

These I know
RAPTURE-Finland
April Ethereal - Poland
Farmakon - Finland
Indicium - Poland

Originally posted by Pandemonium666
Ok boys and ladies... can u post here some bands that sound like OPETH clones or copycats? I know just few and I wonder are there more bands that like to play like Opeth

Indicium - Poland

holy shit...there's a band called Indicium? The company I work for is called Indicium (latin for 'Information')

haha, that's funny about that April Ethereal band.. never heard them, but with a name like that they might as well just do covers..

hmm... about Maudlin being more emotional....

...i disagree hehe BUT i love Maudlin. And they are nothing like Opeth really... sure they have clean parts and heavy parts, but their clean and heavy parts both vary GREATLY from Opeth's heavy and clan parts.

Originally posted by Loco Bahamut
I dont see how Agalloch or Novembre can be considered Opeth-clones...Novembre have been around just as long and Agalloch's Haughm has said in interviews that he doesnt even like Opeth.

In his thread, he basically said he wanted bands that sounded similar to Opeth. I don't think he literally meant Opeth "clones". I know that Novembre has been around for quite sometime. But, now that you've told me, I feel more at ease. The world makes sense again, kthx.

And by the by, to the person discussing Katatonia, don't you think that Brave Murder Day has a bit of an Opeth vibe to it? Not solely because Mike did the vocals, but moreso on the sound, atmosphere, et cetera. Reminded me a bit of Orchid.