Opeth countdown (Annihilat0r Version)

قناة عربية إخبارية تعمل على مدار اليوم. يمكنك مشاهدة بث القناة من خلال الموقع.

Ωπ! Ναμαι καιγω μαλακες, ετσι να χαιρομασται ολοι μαζι μιας και δε μιλαμε αγγλικα. Λοιπον ωραια τα ξισαμε αντε να παμε για υπνο τωρα.

加州神鷲屬於美洲鷲科新大陸禿鷲家族,為北美洲大陸最大的鳥。如今這種鷲只生活在科羅拉多大峽谷區域,以及加利福尼亞州和下加利福尼亞州北部的西海岸的群山中。它是加州兀鷲屬中唯一存活的物種。

I disagree with Weakness, I won't comment on Atonement since I'm not sure even myself, :lol:
I love the singing style and the atmosphere.

But...why doesn't the guy update his list...you know, he does nothing the boy does nothing...if you know what I mean, seriously.

The songs hereafter are songs I like to listen to, this way or another.

#48 - Beneath the Mire

This song loses a lot of credit with its super cheesy intro. It gets hard after that part for this song to really rule. The song has three solos, first and last of which are standard Opeth stuff. The mellow one in the middle is the best thing about this song, and is really good.

#47 - The Amen Corner

As much as I like MAYH, this song is easily the worst song in the album (except prologue and madrigal). The intro is powerful, but honestly there's not much "really good" stuff after that. The riff at 4.00 reminds too much of a When riff, only worse. Also the growling part just after that is really boring. The postive sides of this song are the great MAYH atmosphere and clean vocals in general; all those help any song on MAYH to feel epic, and this song is no exception.

#46 - Nectar

I don't like the Gothenburg style dual harmony thing, because that's what had gotten me into death metal and I am very bored with that kind of stuff. So Morningrise songs won't rate very high on my list. It's hard to describe why I like one MR song more than the other because I think all songs there have the same feeling and structures; so the only defining factor is the quality of the riffs and it's hard to tell why a riff is better than the other one.

#45 - Benighted

BAM!! I'm sorry to put a forum favorite so down on my list but honestly I don't think it deserves better. The whole song, apart from the jazzy solo part, sounds the same and it doesn't sound good enough for me to not get bored for four minutes. Surely I don't get that bored, but more bored than the better Opeth songs. Also I don't like the vocal melodies in this song either.

#44 - Moonlapse Vertigo

BAM!!!2!!! The intro is Opeth-OK, but the lead in 0.50 is just very cheesy and drags on for too long. Honestly, it's boring. But after that, the song gets a lot better. The clean parts rule, and the "their scorn behind your back" is super epic and brutal. The solo is good but I think the rhythm part behind is better, and it gets only better when Mikael growls on top of them. The rest is "Opeth-OK", which means fairly good but nothing out of the ordinary for Opeth.

lol your list is horrible, nobody cares about your ~controversial~ opinions, everyone knows MV is one of their best songs, kill yourself

lol your list is horrible, nobody cares about your ~controversial~ opinions, everyone knows MV is one of their best songs, kill yourself

lol if the quality of a song is determined by how many people like it then system of a down is at least ten times better than opeth (which I suspect might indeed be your sincere opinion, since you're largely retarded). think about this and then reply to this post! thanks.

...everyone knows MV is one of their best songs, kill yourself

Really? I don't think see it making it to my top 20. It is a good song for sure but not one of their best. The clean vocals (specially by the end) and acoustic sections are great. But so is the case in a good bunch of the other songs.

To make a comparison with a song. I find the ending of The Funeral Portrait which has a similar style to the one of Moonlapse Vertigo much more interesting and emotional. The song actually reaches a climax with the solo and then fades out but this is not done as well in MV.