Bands that play in the Orchid/Morningrise style

Hypnos said:
haha, what a big pile of shit...sorry didn't want to offend you. but that sentence iplies a megaton of musical dumbness...whatever

again, for all people who like good music, ffs check this one paticular song!

band: Unmoored
album: Indefinite Soul-Extension
song: Final State Part III (Posthumous Writings)

(for the mods & opeth.com: the link to Opeth lies within the huge similarity between the clean voices used bya these two bands...hope roadrunner won't get me banned)

wow, i wouldn't check them out if 100 people recommended them, look at their fucking band name :erk:

Actually, Godsmack have captured the Orchid/Morningrise sound come to think of it. Definitly worth checking out. It's safe to say that you can blindly buy their entire discography and not be disappointed.

Hypnos said:
haha, what a big pile of shit...sorry didn't want to offend you. but that sentence iplies a megaton of musical dumbness...whatever

again, for all people who like good music, ffs check this one paticular song!

band: Unmoored
album: Indefinite Soul-Extension
song: Final State Part III (Posthumous Writings)

(for the mods & opeth.com: the link to Opeth lies within the huge similarity between the clean voices used bya these two bands...hope roadrunner won't get me banned)

as dumb as it is. It's correct. so, I'm not offended. Thanks for the concern though. :wave:

Botfly said:
Amazing, I just happened to have blindly purchased this album, hoping this was a good one, and I am very much enojying it. Although, I was wondering if their is any clean vocals in this album, haven't had a chance to listen all the way through.

Either way, I'm diggin it.

There are no clean vocals...and Anders should never sing clean...ever. Refer to In flames newer albums and you'll know exactly what I mean.

That Unmoored album is actually not too bad...I ordered it awhile back but the package got lost in the mail...I got a full refund. Usually obscure bands kinda have lame clean vocals...but the vocals in the band are good.

some guy wanted music that sounds like morningrise orchid. Immortal's At the heart of winter, to my ears anyway is similar in style. No clean vocals and fewer acoustic parts but it just seems similar. Of course the Immortal is way more tr00 and kvlt and gives off way more atmosphere that the opeth.
you may just like! :wave:

hmmm interesting thought, shame it's wrong but whatever you feel. Btw, guy who wanted orchid/morningrise sound, try said album, it doesn't blow.

Hmmm thinking about it that was a very lfag style response, scary!

immortal's early stuff is great later stuff kinda sucks leperaffinity is a shit poster regardless

thats some nifty mod-magic, moonie!

i have to disagree what has been said about later immortal though, i love it! Damned in black is probably the weakest album and At the heart of winter is the best (also apparently its abbath's fave) it is so atmospheric, jsut close your eyes and think of blizzards, mountains, scenery, and other such atmosperical "stuff" I find it a very opeth-like experience. Other immortal just flat out kicks though, and the last track they made is awesome

Immortal is great, at the heart of winter is amazing, blizzard beasts is also great, bit more black, less melodic but kick ass nonetheless. Gotta love the cold. Yeah, Anders from In Flames is shite, shouldn't have lost the old singer, and you gotta love 'Wayfaerer', that's some sweet melodic magic happening.