Opeth Digital Single out 21st April

i wonder where all they are going to release the single. i will definitely not buy a 128 bit rate off itunes. i hope they do something like release it from their website and give buyers the option of bit rate, etc. wonder when the video is gonna be released. i am a lil disheartened that the SE says 3 additional tracks and not 4. I definitely hope derelict herds is not the one taking the cut.

I wonder if the Marie Fredriksson song is the one cut
from the North American version. It would make sense...

But hey, that's just me.

The artwork for it looks a lot like the Ghost Reveries SE cover.

For those who haven't seen it:

7ineCTgtJ86OBO58am_z8llNwEy9qakV5BLim2rqqDZIZpti63muVDQbyortRr-S.jpg

Now I'm sure that the package is the same as on Dream Theaters Systematic Chaos. It's typical jewelcase with slipcase. Bonus DVD contains some studio footage and 5.1 version of the album. But there is no option for 2.0 and it sounds shit with stereo-system. Not that it matters, but in Still Life -rerelease has new stuff recorded and now it seems that it is only available for people who has surround at home. And that's definitely a bad thing.:ill:

Hmmm.... no 2.0 Mix in the SE package? That's kind of disappointing. So I'll be buying this album twice now? I mean, I guess it's my choice and all, but still.... I was expecting it to be more like the SL re-release.

Now I'm sure that the package is the same as on Dream Theaters Systematic Chaos. It's typical jewelcase with slipcase. Bonus DVD contains some studio footage and 5.1 version of the album. But there is no option for 2.0 and it sounds shit with stereo-system. Not that it matters, but in Still Life -rerelease has new stuff recorded and now it seems that it is only available for people who has surround at home. And that's definitely a bad thing.:ill:

Why would you even want to listen to the 2.0 mix on the bonus DVD, if you can listen to it on the normal CD? Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't busted it out in awhile but iirc the Ghost Reveries SE was the same way - strictly the 5.1 mix on the DVD.

Just listen to the CD on your stereo. If not, you're missing the point.

(raises hand) HEY HEY! Confused here! So it's a digital single, which to me means "something to be downloaded" but then there's cover art? Huh? What did I miss? Where does said cover art go if there's no CD?

Oh yeah and I love how the "free-jazz" tag is being freely tossed around when RR mentions Opeth now. From all the reviews I've seen there's nothing to indicate that there's any of it present on the album.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Porcelain-Heart/dp/B0017IZOT6[/ame]
Sample of Porcelain Heart in case anyone wanted a short listen
Sounds gorgeous