Opeth Digital Single out 21st April

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be the worst song on the album, and if it is, why do I get the feeling that it's the first song we hear as it's meant to be heard?

@Ruun: Thanks for explanation! It changes my opinion, 'cause I love flashbaks. You're right, Opeth really wouldn't use some old melodies just because of... the have no other ideas, ha. Impossible. But flashbacks are great - I love flashbaks on Theater's "Systematic Chaos": therea are some from "Never Enough" and "Lie". And also the most heavy part in "Heir Apparent" can be described like a flashback from the legendary heavy part from "Demon of the Fall".

yeah i thought the same thing :erk:

it goes in your coverflow of your ipod or itunes :)

I wish someone knew if itunes was going to release this at 12am. Amazon says the 22nd, this website says the 21st... when?!

I think it's incredibly hilarious that people are saying "yeah, maybe he like made it sound like TRTD on purpose! it's like he's referencing the song by having a similar melody!" Are people really that dense? Do you really want to believe that Mikael is incapable of writing melodies, though not exactly the same, that are indepedently similar? The melody has one word followed by a short phrase. Well its not surprising at all that you would immediately think of TRTD because that song has the same thing. But please spare me the ridiculousness of Mike referencing the older song.