Opeth Digital Single out 21st April

This is the cover from Amazon. Quality cover. I think there is aconnection between this and the Watershed cover. In the watershed one, the man seems to be writting something. I reckon this cover reveals what he is actually writting.
ref=dp_image_0

afaic its just the "i" part the following lines are not similar at all. plus the melody vocals

they picked aout a very unrepresentative part of the song ...
yes, it sounds like TRTD .. but i want to see you, if you hear the part after this one.
:)

you dont have to be upset!

Even though its similar to TRTD it gives off a very different vibe.. Im loving the acoustic riffage.

they picked aout a very unrepresentative part of the song ...
yes, it sounds like TRTD .. but i want to see you, if you hear the part after this one. :)

you dont have to be upset!

Whoa, I didn't get too upset, thanks for care. I'm sure there's lots of other stuff in that song... I just said that this short sample is too similar with "To Rid the Disease". Any fool know that Opeth can't make two similar songs in its entirety, ha-ha. I'm also thinking that this part maybe one of the most "uninteresting" in that song. As I can remember it was like that with Priest's "Lochness" in the early 2005. Sony had a little snippet from the beginning of the song and it said nothing to anyone who listened to it. Just some pale snippet. But when you hear the whole "Lochness"...

@Master`s Aprentice
mh .. its hard to say actually. there is a clean part that has some tool-style in it ;) but for me its just opeth, hehe

@Nailed Reaper
i know what you mean, and its totally right. 15 seconds cant represent a whole song ...
i dont want to spoiler something, but... i think they use some melodies as flashbacks in this song^^ theres a "to rid the disease"-part, but there is also a part that would fit perfectly into "the grand conjuration". its even the same melody... maybe another guitar tuning or something, but it WILL remind every opeth fan of "the grand conjuration" :) and lets be serious! opeth wont take melodys from old songs, without a reason^^

That sounds too much like something they've already done.Im now officially worried!Opeth really need to just explode musically with this new cd not put people to sleep.They've already proved they can do mellow stuff.Im really thinking that this new one will have alot of familiar mellow parts yet some interesting heavy parts to make up for it.

My only criticism is that this tiny soundbite (which we can't even begin to judge as a representation of the album) has a little to much to do with In My Time of Need, vocally.

wow, that sample just sounds amazing to say the least.
except for the "I"-part, this sounds nothing like In my time of need.

hoping for a 50/50 split mellow/brutal album. actually thats what I say right before every release. :rolleyes:

I read the excerpt of Porcelain Heart from that French review once more. They say something about a "deja vu" like sound. I wonder if the that feeling is intentional....

i know bands like dream theater hint at alot of their old material on purpose. maybe mike wanted to do something along those lines. Nostalga like feeling. rush has done it to. useing a specific old chord for a new song.