Opeth forum best moments

Kamel

Trollhunter
Mar 27, 2009
Now that the end is near, I would like you to share your last opinions, for there are dozens of members, like me, who joined in recently, so, I think we missed a lot of good and decent threads, memorable posts, and some strange/interesting/ members along these years.

Anyone?

haha Good one... emm .. the best thread I have seen throughout the year was Faith ! I learned a lot from it lol
Btw, in case this forum will ACTUALLY die, can't you MetalAge include it to the unofficial forums of UM?

^yes i was reading it few months back, and David Isberg too ! it was a cool thing seeing the old band members talking with the recent ones before our eyes, and also
Peter's interview !! it was exciting waiting for it !!!!!

Yeah, "faith" was a fairly decent thread, started by a quaint character..

Atonished I read about some death-metal lovers declaring themselves Christians...interesting, definitely.

What about...PEAC EOUT? what was the name of that thread?

One of my favourite threads was the MY OPTH TRIBUTES SONG one :lol:
And of course, Photoshopeth!!!
Those two have made my day every now and then :headbang:

Oh and by the way...
Goodbye to you all, my Opethian fellows!
Maybe we'll read each other sometime in another forum without all those trolls...

Very much enjoy all the laughs I've had from the Photoshopeth thread.

And even though it was started by a troll, the one where that guy wrote his own metal lyrics in broken English, and then another member actually turned it into a song.

I'm not particularly active only posting maybe a couple times a week, but my music understanding as a whole has greatly increased as a result of some of the forum's informative threads.

One of my favourite threads was the MY OPTH TRIBUTES SONG one :lol:
And of course, Photoshopeth!!!
Those two have made my day every now and then :headbang:

Opeth Tributes Song! That's the one. The direction that thread ended up taking was great.

i liked some of the conversations, the opeth collectors thread, JACK FROBER, photoshopeth, all the blak metal rebel moments, any time mikeal posted, all the cool info we got on upcoming releases

i'll miss it here

This is very sad. There's so many great things about this forum. But if there's gonna be another place for Opeth fans to find out what's going on. Please say the address somewhere here. I'm anxious to continue reading... and posting things about this mighty band Opeth.

Many of my favorites have been mentioned.

There's the legend of Jack Frober. Sadly I think he may die with this forum.

why is the forum closing?

Mike doesn't think the bullshit that goes on here is worth his time or money. But the thing that really pushed him to the decision, I think, was a recent thread about a deceased musician that went really poorly.

I joined a few years back, and got a ton of great musical tips and met a band member on here, and then we me Opeth!

It was great in the beginning, but there are just the worst assholes in the world on here sometimes.

Thanks Mike for paying for it for this long, and I have a great idea if you want to sell an Opeth "forum membership" , hit me up. The crazy drunk mexican "tie my shoe" chick from the Grand Rapids, MI Show is my fiance>

Lol

Cheers!

And Samsara you were a great moderator.

Mike doesn't think the bullshit that goes on here is worth his time or money. But the thing that really pushed him to the decision, I think, was a recent thread about a deceased musician that went really poorly.

LOL, seriously? OMG, the forum here roxx :d - pleasent to read all comments and oppinions from different people

the Faith thread wins, end of discussion.

I actually just read it through before seeing this thread..

it's so epic!

Some of my favorite moments were with Arasmas, like when Kamel said "you deserve many isolation years" and then he said "you are a huge faggot". And when he got destroyed by Mike when he asked what chord it was in... that one Opeth song, I cant remember which one. I also liked photoshopeth and all the favorite/least favorite best/worst songs, moments, etc. I would also like to thank this forum for introducing me to a few bands that I didn't know of before and for giving me good times. I hope I haven't been too big of a burden to this forum. :p