Seeding Results
First Round
Second Round
Third Round
Fourth Round
Final Four
Final Vote
Results

Finally, as a parting shot... Say what you will about the current administration, but this place was on its way out a long time ago. In my opinion, the day Moonie left as mod in 2006 sounded the final death knell. I'm amazed it hung on this long.

We'll always have the memories (sniff...)

There once were four men from someplace
Who sang about Melinda's face
The name of each man
Was known all through the land
Except for the guy who played bass

Forum hallmarks:

1. When philno was banned.
2. When philno returned like a little bitch despite saying he was leaving because he has nothing better to than annoy people on an online forum.
3. When Arasmas and Widows Sulk were banned, thus rendering their existences pointless.

Um, coming here lead me to the non-opeth music chat section and the general metal discussion section and showed me a shitload of cool music and ultimately made me the music listener I am today - how's that for a cool "moment"

Forum hallmarks:

1. When philno was banned.
2. When philno returned like a little bitch despite saying he was leaving because he has nothing better to than annoy people on an online forum.
3. When Arasmas and Widows Sulk were banned, thus rendering their existences pointless.

arasmas and widows sulk have been around for ages, under various different usernames. just fyi.

arasmas and widows sulk have been around for ages, under various different usernames. just fyi.

Not surprising. I do recall now Arasmas pointing out he's been banned before. Thanks for extending my point. I guess that makes them that much more pathetic.

Regardless, I meant that this banning is more or less going to be permanent now that this specific forum is going to be closed. If I'm not mistaken, they seem to have spent most of their time posting in the Opeth forum.

I'll miss this little sub-forum, especially because most of UM besides a few places is full of tr00 br00tal elitists. My best forum moment for me was everyone's favorite BLACK METALS REBEL.

every redeeming moment in the history of this forum can be directly or indirectly attributed to those "pathetic" trolls. seriously.

Sadly I've got nothing to contribute, as I'm still (relatively) new here, all the best threads I've been around for have been posted. So I'd just like to re-iterate on Jack Frober and the time Mike shat all over Arasmas.

Also, Arasmas's Countdown thread was pretty interesting, I liked that thread a lot.

I've read this forum from the very beginning. I lurked for a couple years before I registered. . . and I've mostly lurked since then. There were a lot of good people here in the olden days. Honestly I think that the classic era of this forum ended when the OT was removed in Oct 03. It really started to get bad around the time that Ghost Reveries was leaked, and honestly although I haven't been around much since then, I am sad to see it go.