Opeth has reached my school ^_^

They play slow songs every once in a while at most of the dances I've gone to.

Yeah, that's how it was at ours. Pretty cool though. We kept trying to get the teacher who ran the dances (he loves KISS and other bands like so) to play something heavy, but he never DJed after the first dance and he wasn't at the others... He would have totally played some metal for us too! :mad:

at my school i'm the only one who is listening to opeth,but it isent so strange becouse of thet im just 13 years old

My friends and I know about Opeth at my school. And then there are the Opeth posers who think they know their music. We have a few of those, but only a couple. My friends and I really listen and appreciate Opeth.

lmao first day i met my japanese teacher he saw my opeth t shirt and goes "mmmmm yes opeth damnation good good" and nods his head
i was like...did my teacher just say what i thought he said???!?!
holy shit!! my jap teacher likes opeth (he then commented on my good taste) XD

At me old school there were precisely 4 people who listened to Opeth. There was me, my friend Justin, and I thought that was it. Then I saw 2 people at the Chronologies show...and yeah, they were from my school. Kinda weird and cool.

At college now though, it seems everyone in the music building loves them.

metal is even more shit in high school when you're a chick. eh, my high school was full of rednecks and gangstas so i pretty much stayed to a group of close friends (none of them listened to metal either) and that was it ... college, i haven't found any more metal heads but just chill with people regardless.

No one had even heard of Opeth in my school when i went to school. Everyone was into Limp Bizkit and Justin Timberlake. Wearing Opeth and Celtic Frost shirts made me feel sooo above those stupid people.

Same here man. But after covering 'The Drapery Falls' at a whole school assembly, the name got around ;)

Yeah many people are quick to bash of non mainstream music but often when they actually hear it they like it.
In Sweden we have examination days in church and when i quit 9:th grade i played Desolate Ways on guitar in our church. Everyone fuckin loved it, they didn´t know what kind of band i actually covered though. I often brag about having played a Morbid Angel song in a church.:headbang:

You should always choose your friends by the music they hear. That is the only way to determine if they're worthy of your company.

metal is even more shit in high school when you're a chick. eh, my high school was full of rednecks and gangstas so i pretty much stayed to a group of close friends (none of them listened to metal either) and that was it ... college, i haven't found any more metal heads but just chill with people regardless.

Yeah i had that problem only it was more finding other girls into metal. there was some into metallica n such like but none into the same as me so i just stuck with the boys :headbang:

Yeah many people are quick to bash of non mainstream music but often when they actually hear it they like it.
In Sweden we have examination days in church and when i quit 9:th grade i played Desolate Ways on guitar in our church. Everyone fuckin loved it, they didn´t know what kind of band i actually covered though. I often brag about having played a Morbid Angel song in a church.:headbang:

ROFL! Now that is daring! I stood up in front of St Paul's in Melbourne and yelled for thirty seconds, but I think Morbid Angel tops that!

Same here man. But after covering 'The Drapery Falls' at a whole school assembly, the name got around ;)

Yea same here, we played Drapery and Demon. After that, no one has comed to laugh me about "oprah" shirts :cool:

It was actually weird that everyone liked about those songs. When i got off the stage, there was a bunch of people coming to shake my hand. Then there was a boy that was 2 years older than me, he came to me and said: "You fucking made my day!" The feeling was kind of unreal :loco: