opeth has signed with roadrunner now!

I'm glad the Ålmighty cracked open the ground and screamed up at all you fools from the depths of his sulphur ridden throne to pull your heads out of your plaintive wailing asses. Let's get back to being excited about a new release, a possible new concept record, tours up the ass over the next year, solid distribution/availability... and trust the Ålmighty and his horde to do the right thing. Positive people... not negative. Positive.

Did you get that?............... Positive. :headbang:

Just think... when you finally get the new release and you hear the Ålmighty vociferate with a level of ferocity you have never heard from him before... take pride in knowing that he was thinking about his bitch ass crying fan base when he laid down those tracks......

I guess I've said my piece... so, out.:devil:

''mike should post more often.''

Its good he doesnt post here often, he answers questions we dont even ask. puts our minds to rest, hes bleak with his answers too. making it infrequent means that he only does it if its important.

Hondo said:
Are people still seriously arguing about this?
Exactly. This album is my most anticipated album of 2005.

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Hand on heart do you truly believe we'd compromize our sounds for anyone or anything? I'd bitchslap any outsider trying to interfere with our vibes!
Cheers
Mike

Oh, and I knew right away after reading that, someone would have that quote in their "signature" (or close)

I need some promo pictures or something to tide me over for a little. I probably think about the new album more than any other single thing. Anticipating something as much as I'm anticipating this can't be good, and I'll probably be disappointed because I'm building it up so much. Someone's gotta calm me down and distract me.

I know an exec. at Roadrunner. I just got off the phone with him.
Here is the lowdown,
First, the next CD, (not the one their recording now) will be recorded in Slipknot's
secret lair. All drums will be recorded using Slipknot's drummers and Martin will
put it all together at his home in Sweden.
The Murderdolls will do all of the vocals and the guitars and basses will be played
by Machine Head and Stone Sour guitarists.
Mike will write only the lyrics and will serve as a DJ of sorts when they tour
supporting this endeavor. Nickleback and Wednesday 13 will 'cover' the new songs
in a live situation but it will be lip-synched and pretended playing to recorded music.
The third CD in this Three-CD deal with Roadrunner will be ambient noises recorded at
an old folks home un Umea where Mike and company are in retirement. There might be
some bodily functions laid down by the man himself. Who hasn't wanted to hear
Mike Fart? All in all it looks like some fantastic Opeth stuff is coming down the pike!!!

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
I did the interview on a crappy phone line and the fucking song is called "Ghost of perdition" not "tradition"!!!
Yes, we're getting flamed for signing to RR. People think we're sellouts and that our album will suck. Nice! I've always wondered when we'd get accused of that.
Thing is the album would have sounded the same had we been signed to Martin Mendez label "Los diablos records".
To be honest, I'm not into the bands they put out nowadays either but to me RR is a METAL label. Deicide, Obituary, King Diamond, Slayer (in Europe), Mercyful fate + all the guitar hero records of the 80´s. Some people are simply too young to remember that RR has been around forever.

And we didn't pick them because of the money. We got some other financially fantastic (I'm talking millions of kronor) offers, but when all is said and done I want our album to be available everywhere which is why we chose RR.

Hand on heart do you truly believe we'd compromize our sounds for anyone or anything? I'd bitchslap any outsider trying to interfere with our vibes!

Hope you're good by the way! I'm doing vocals (screams) and solos (cock rock style) today and one song is mixed.
Cheers
Mike
1.You forgot to mention Death among the bands on Roadrunner,shame on you(even if only Symbolic was released by RR) :wave:

2.Good point about the distrobution.Paradise Lost are signed to Gun/Bmg,and the promotion/distrobution is shite.They dont have a deal for the whole world(or even all of Europe) so each territory must be negotiated seperately.Which has lead to the new album not being released in the UK yet,3 months after it was out in Germany....

3.I have no doubt whatsoever about the coming album,see ya in Oslo sept 19. :D

I'll be really sad and worried if most of my friends who think " opeth sucks" and they don't know what Opeth is now, will start to listen to Opeth after the next album release.

atrocity said:
I'll be really sad and worried if most of my friends who think " opeth sucks" and they don't know what Opeth is now, will start to listen to Opeth after the next album release.
What's the fucking problem with that?

'i like opeth, dont't ever listen to them but if someone is playing them i won't complain. they use the same guitar tones for their first four or 5 albums, it got old.'

:zombie:

I think it's amazing that there's forums out there with communities collectively dumber than this one. I'm truly impressed.

Moonlapse said:
'i like opeth, dont't ever listen to them but if someone is playing them i won't complain. they use the same guitar tones for their first four or 5 albums, it got old.'

:zombie:

I think it's amazing that there's forums out there with communities collectively dumber than this one. I'm truly impressed.

Keyword: Pantera

Saber Rider said:
What's the fucking problem with that?

Nah, i mean that now they fucking hate opeth and tease me for listening to them, and I dont want them to become an Opeth fan in just "one" day because they will gain popularity.