The horror interview

i dont think they absolutely blow, but its nothing i find all that interesting or deserving of all of the praise they get. Thus overatted to the max

I saw an Akercocke video of Leviathan which is a 7 minute song and they completely cut out the middle (probably due to the growls) so it came to just over 2 minutes. Let's see if they do that with Opeth hahaha.

Pseud0 said:
ps: tool is overrated to the max

Only by their most hardcore fans. A lot of them believe that listening to Tool is a gateway to spiritual enlightenment. Drop by the Toolshed forums someday and take a look. While it's not nearly as rampid as it used to be, it's definitly still present and quite amusing at times.

PS: Tool's big hit (at least here in the US) was Sober from Undertow.

I have to be in a very specific mood to listen to Tool. Sometimes their music is very effective in bringing out certain vibes. But in general Tool is not 'musical' enough for constant listenings.

I thought the new german tour with Opeth was like 50x better than sounds of the underground tour. Any tour with opeth, wintersun, and all those other real metal bands gets my vote!

Tool are a band you listen to in high school and then years later, think "man, i sure was naive."

I hated Slipknot until my last year in highschool, their new CD that just came out I think is pretty decent.... so I guess your preachings are wrong :p

Minion520 said:
Remember when Metallica made the video for one, then what happened.......fuck
Oh yeah, this damn sellouts.
One was cool until they made a video for it but then it sucked like hell.

....go shoot yourself, idiot.

dorian gray said:
Tool are a band you listen to in high school and then years later, think "man, i sure was naive."

Agreed. The music can be pretty good at times, though.

saut said:
The music can be pretty good at times, though.
agreed. though the good stuff is buried beneath a mountain of self-indulgence and -promotion.