OPETH in new zealand

Sheepish said:
Tickets are selling at Real Groovy at the moment. Bought some tickets on Saturday while at Real Groovy, but for some reason www.ticketdirect.co.nz haven't started selling tickets online yet. Odd. Normally you'd expect them to put them up first, THEN Real Groovy starts selling them.
Price is $55 plus booking fee.

Yep I heard someone else got one from Auckland RG so they must be out there now! It is rather odd how ticket direct didn't adverstise it first. I wonder how many people will actually find out about Opeth coming becaause there's not really any promotion out for it yet.

- Which city did you get your tickets from dude?

Sweet got me and my girlfriend tickets from real groovy on Sunday...
Cant fucking wait!!!!!

Even though its at St James, all tickets are for standing, none are sitting which is kinda odd..

Auckland. It sounds like people in other parts of the country aren't having much luck with their local Real Groovy :(
Some one needs to ring Ticketdirect and see what the hells going on.

Although there's no promotion that I've seen at all, it appears that most people are aware of the concert coming up. I was asked in the Warehouse by some random girl working in the music department if I was going to see Opeth (was wearing an Opeth shirt) and I know people in Taranaki that are keen to head up for the show.

I've bought a few tickets, Real Groovy down here were very misleading. I rang them up on Saturday and the dude had no idea. Then low and behold on Sunday theyre on sale. Whether it's a ticketdirect problem or a real groovy problem I can't say. But it was average at best.

Price was never an issue for me so $55 is a bargain.

end_of_an_era said:
I've bought a few tickets, Real Groovy down here were very misleading. I rang them up on Saturday and the dude had no idea. Then low and behold on Sunday theyre on sale. Whether it's a ticketdirect problem or a real groovy problem I can't say. But it was average at best.

Price was never an issue for me so $55 is a bargain.

Yeah no one seemed to know shit - I'm still not sure if they're even selling them in Dunedin - I rang yesterday and they said "ticketmaster isn't up and running yet ring back tommorow". Too late I already got my friend's dad to get them from Chch. I'M FUCKIN GOING! :headbang:

Fuck yeah I'd say $55 is a mega fucking bargain! Price will go up if they come back next time though.

There's nothing in Ticket direct's website!! I might go to real groovy tomorrow.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!It's probably the only real chance to see the gods live...I hope Lopez can make it to play, it just wouldn't be the same without him:yell: !!!!!!!!
Dale Martin, mejorate!!!!

I knew seeing Opeth in concert wouldn't occur without a few hiccups. I'd like to know if there's a way to purchase the tickets via the Internet; or better yet, perhaps a location in Tauranga from which I can buy them.

Any ideas?

Kallocain said:
I knew seeing Opeth in concert wouldn't occur without a few hiccups. I'd like to know if there's a way to purchase the tickets via the Internet; or better yet, perhaps a location in Tauranga from which I can buy them.

Any ideas?

Possibly from ticket direct - have you tried ringing or emailing them? I'm pretty sure you can't get them from Real Groovy online cos I've already asked them that. Other than that, find someone in one of the major cities to get one for you!

Kallocain said:

Any ideas?

Unless you want to drive up to Auckland, your best bet would be to ring Ticket Direct and tell them to sort their shit out. I've been checking everyday to see if they've put up Opeth tickets, and they haven't.

Oh, my father-in-law lives in Auckland. I asked him to get the tickets for me, and he did - I'm set!

I believe Real Groovy has very few tickets left; however, they're only for the standing-area. You may be able to buy the seated tickets from ticketdirect or the St. James at a later date, but I'm not sure. It's a risk I preferred not to take.

Got my tickets yesterday - fuck yes im pumped! (even though its been a bit of a mess...went in on friday, and they didn't have a clue..if i hadn't checked this thread id probably not have known to go in yet...and there is still nothing on ticketmaster's website).

Oh yeah, that standing only thing is strange....will they open the upstairs area? or will that be used for the film crew when they record the 3hr set we are going to get?

Weird that it calls it an R18 event on the website, yet when i bought tickets there was no mention of any restriction (though im over anyway, so what do i care?).

Hahah and somehow i doubt it would be recorded, esp when theres a supporting band...speaking of which, any ideas who it will be?