Opeth in Swedish

unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
I think it's strange that Opeth has never done a song in Swedish. Normally, most bands will do their entire first album or two in their native language (or at least a song or two), but Opeth has not. Has anybody else noticed this? I think it'd be cool to hear Mikael sing in Swedish.

:err: Most bands? Huh?

I can only think of one at the moment... Dimmu Borgir. I'm positive there are more, but still.... most bands? Impossible!

I wouldn't mind hearing a song or two in Swedish. Or maybe just have him throw some Swedish growls in there once in a while. :D

Swedish bands Allegiance and Mörk Gryning both sing a few songs in swedish and it sounds pretty good.

I know a few more sings in thier own language but i like the 2 ones i mentioned the most.

Mikael's aunt teases him about Mordet i Grottan till he cries and so he is too afraid to do another song in Swedish.
Anyway I don't understand a word of his singing, so it doesn't matter what language he is singing in.

There's a Swedish band called Kent that is quite good (if you're in a mellower kind of mood – more Indie than metal). Their first few albums were in Swedish. Then they re-released their (IMO) best album, Isola, in Engligh. It just didn't work for me!

I think that Opeth are right not to release an album in Swedish (even though I speak the lingo fluently – lived in Göteborg for many years), but it would be good to hear a Swedish song on a future album.

Jimi Hendrix was famous for his rendition of "Star Spangled Banner". Maybe Opeth should do a version of "Du Gamla, Du Fria". Now THAT would be something!

{**9**}*CaptainQuark* said:
Maybe Opeth should do a version of "Du Gamla, Du Fria". Now THAT would be something!

haha, I would love to hear Mikael 'sing' our national anthem in his growl'ish way :worship:

Btw, Thyrfing sings in swedish some songs.

Metal was created in english, the metal bands mikael grew up listening to sang in english, and most anyone who listens to metal speaks english... No reason to restricy yourself to one language that very few people speak worldwide.