songs in swedish...

The_Isle

Jun 11, 2005
Sydney, Australia
would you react favourably if Opeth decided to write some of their songs in swedish? Curious what Mike would sound like in his native tongue?

(btw I suddenly had the thought while listening to finntroll.)

As OpethNZ mentioned, there is a song called "Mordet i Grottan" that Mikael released under the name Sörskogen in which he sings in Swedish. I'd say it's quite good, and shouldn't be too difficult to find. Enjoy, if you give it a listen.

As for OPETH...if they felt that some of their music would be best complemented by vocals in Swedish, I'd be for it.

I'd be up for it, but depends on how it sounds .. also i couldn't appreciate the lyrics.. but you could say that it'd be a challenge to work out the meaning of the songs .. but that's a gay idea lol. ..but nothing ventured, nothing gained

NeverIsForever said:
I'd definitely give it a listen. Often I don't understand Mike even though he's theoretically singing in English :Spin: so him singing in Swedish probably wouldn't make too much difference.

his death vocals are quite clear...
unless you mean the big thesaurisized words he uses.

I think Mike sounds better in english. Maybe it´s because I understand some swedish words but not all and then I focus unintensionelly on the lyrics rather than music.