Opeth Job and Finance history

Most of my career with this band I've been quite poor. We never made any money in the early days. Although sales were decent for the early records my expectations on royalties weren't exactly fulfilled. I didn't really have any money until after we did Blackwater park. Peter had always been studying and got his money through doing that, or borrowed money from the state I guess. The other dudes back then either had jobs or studied. I didn't work after the tour we did in 1999 or 1997 apart from brief stops at the record store where I mostly got a few records each day as payment + I also worked at a car shop changing tyres which was quite awful but I needed my bread and butter.

Mendez and Lopez always got the same job. They've been dealing out newspapers, worked at the butchers (of course)...always together. Once we hooked up with our management we were set up with a wage which we're living on to this day.

Nice to hear from you Mike, I know people say this everytime you post but its really awesome that you take some time to interact with us a bit.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;6356091 said:
Most of my career with this band I've been quite poor. We never made any money in the early days. Although sales were decent for the early records my expectations on royalties weren't exactly fulfilled. I didn't really have any money until after we did Blackwater park. Peter had always been studying and got his money through doing that, or borrowed money from the state I guess. The other dudes back then either had jobs or studied. I didn't work after the tour we did in 1999 or 1997 apart from brief stops at the record store where I mostly got a few records each day as payment + I also worked at a car shop changing tyres which was quite awful but I needed my bread and butter.

Mendez and Lopez always got the same job. They've been dealing out newspapers, worked at the butchers (of course)...always together. Once we hooked up with our management we were set up with a wage which we're living on to this day.

wow.....i kindda knew u ddnt have teh best jobs beofre teh band....but changing tyres and takin records for payment......thats rough man.....im alos a musicain....and ive told my wife...beofre december things need to happen if notl....im ebaying all my gear and goin back to skool and finish my computer degreee....i hope that dark day never comes...hahahaha....!!!!..if anythign u guys are a huge inspiration man.....keep at it...!!!!.....and wahts Petes gig now...??....PEAC EOUT

wow.....i kindda knew u ddnt have teh best jobs beofre teh band....but changing tyres and takin records for payment......thats rough man.....im alos a musicain....and ive told my wife...beofre december things need to happen if notl....im ebaying all my gear and goin back to skool and finish my computer degreee....i hope that dark day never comes...hahahaha....!!!!..if anythign u guys are a huge inspiration man.....keep at it...!!!!.....and wahts Petes gig now...??....PEAC EOUT

You've used your alloted ellipses for the day.

Thank-you :worship: Mikael Akerfeldt for posting and sharing your personals.
eyes surprised you worked changing tires... that must have been rather tiresome
great to hear you now can live off your Creative Genius

Salute

Mikael Åkerfeldt;6356091 said:

Wow wasn't touring with Cradle Of Filth as good (in money) as one could think?

The fact is that I don't know why I am posting here I'm not really interested in this stuff :Smug: