Making Luuurve to Opeth

Gross. Now I have this image of metal nerds getting it on and being concerned about things like "messing up their rhythm" stuck in my head. Please make it stop! My brain! My brain!!!

soundave said:
Gross. Now I have this image of metal nerds getting it on and being concerned about things like "messing up their rhythm" stuck in my head. Please make it stop! My brain! My brain!!!

Hahaha, well what's the point of playing music during if it's just background noise? You either have to go along with it or ignore it completely!

jan garbarek - kind of new age sax (dont get hung up on the "new age" term, please) with lots and lots of middle-eastern and nothern european influences... good folky jazz...his albums expand the genre to new dimensions with NO improvisations. try "legend of the seven dreams" or "i took up the runes"

mahavishnu orchestra - great fusion jazz band formed by john mclaughlin.

miles davis - what can be said about this genius or which album should i point out? "kind of blue" is a classic, a must-have. "bitches brew" , "bags groove" , "birth of the cool."

aziza mustafa zadeh - probably the most amazing jazz vocalist alive (well, thats what i believe anyway). she's from azerbaijan and she always works with the greatest musicians, including omar hakim or...err say john patitucci. try her "dance of fire" album.

well i guess these are enough for a start. if these dont change your opinion, i guess nothing can.

Don Corleone said:
there are MANY other musicians to accompany your intimate moments, rather than opeth. thats what i think.

how about some trip hop? or some acid jazz or smooth jazz? hell, even some classical jazz but not METAL, ffs.

You can combine musical experimentation and sexual experimentation! Such a wonderful thing!

I hate every intention of making my first child to Demon of the Fall. She gets the alotted time of the song and that's it. If it isn't created from Opeth, I don't want it.

Don Corleone said:
maybe a few recommendations CAN actually change your opion on this wonderfully diverse music branch?
wonderful, diverse, and essential. however, his description is actually fairly accurate :lol:

don't deny it. it doesn't make it any less awesome.

I remember using the two yes-albums from 1972, brilliant stuff. Allthough it kindo felt I was this seventies hippie-kid in the second-base-mobile. Actually, that is also brilliant.

actually, thinking about it now...its been a while since i have had sex...but, i never really liked having background music. it always made me feel kind of uncomfortable. unless of course it was used to cover up the sounds when there are parents in the next room.

my problem with this is that most of the time when i'm having sex listening to opeth, i start singing along to the lyrics... and that can be quite annoying for the other person...

my girl: "oh i love you"
me: "ghost oooofff mooother... lingeriiiiiiing deeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath"

so yeah..

Don Corleone said:
i listened to you and took the time to type all that so please pay some attention to then when you sober up. you wont regret it =)

I shall download some of it and see if i like it. I was pretty drunk last night, so im just trying to re-track my posts and see what i said. From what im understanding, i was being a total arsehole.