Opeth live in the US

Considering the idea of which probably Opeth will never travel to my country to play, in adittion of the shitty bad luck of having travelled to Chile to see them and that they weren't coming, THAT'S what I've been doing all these years. And believe me, it's not a good idea. At all.
In conclusion: Please, -all of you- take advantage of being able to see them, enjoy the shows instead of complaining so much like if you were a bunch of stupid blonde girls. SERIOUSLY. :devil:
THANK YOU.
Oh! And get Jonas Renkse to do some guest vocals :tickled:
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

bangadrian said:
why do you want a band to sound exactly like they do on the cd? why don't you just listen to your cds really loud and look at a picture of opeth?

I saw Opeth with Moonspell on the Lamentations tour. I thought it was incredible that I actually got to see a band from Sweden and a band from Portugal - two bands that I have much respect for - in KANSAS! What are the odds?
Anyway, if you want to get an idea of what Opeth are like live, buy the Lamentations DVD. It is an excellent recording of a live show. The quality of picture and sound truly put it in a class of its own among live videos. And that's how they are live. They're sound is nothing short of top quality, no matter how small the venue.

Well Dmize, I have that DVD and of course is excellent, but the thing is that I'd love to see them alive, that's the fucking point. Fucking devaluation :cry:
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

dmize said:
I saw Opeth with Moonspell on the Lamentations tour. I thought it was incredible that I actually got to see a band from Sweden and a band from Portugal - two bands that I have much respect for - in KANSAS! What are the odds?
Anyway, if you want to get an idea of what Opeth are like live, buy the Lamentations DVD. It is an excellent recording of a live show. The quality of picture and sound truly put it in a class of its own among live videos. And that's how they are live. They're sound is nothing short of top quality, no matter how small the venue.

dmize said:

hey i was their too man, that was a great show. i was the one that kept calling for sweet home alabama, then mikael made a comment, don't remember what he said....anyway, is it just me, or was moonspell probably the tightest band that night. granted, their music is like 1/10th of opeth's in difficulty, but their sound was tight. opeth was still my favorite though...oh yah, and good call on sigur ros...cool stuff.

I've seen them around 17 times. I love this band live. While they don't pull out anything unusual when they play (except Mikael's funny remarks), they are good live in different ways. People need to remember the type of music the guys play. If they have an intricate, quiet section of a song, they're not gonna bang their heads. And when they do play they heaviest shit, they all headbang. Not like you can move a hell of a lot when you're playing such complex stuff. And like the one person said before, it's not like they can really improvise their stuff much. They are intensely involved in their music and their playing. And the heavy stuff can be REALLY heavy! Demon of the Fall... hehe \m/ I have never once been disappointed with a show of theirs.

And Luz, not all blonde girls are stupid. Bad generalization. I'm sorry you cannot see them live. :( They'll play there soon.

Mikeal is pretty funny isn't he, I'm sure when this whole band thing drys up He'll become a heavy metal comedian

They played 100km south of my hometown 2 years ago or somethin like that and i did not go there cause nobody was joining to see the show. Also i wasnt that much in love with the band back then....what a jerk i´ve been :( No iam waiting to see them anounce a concert in a radius of 500km and i would instantly buy my ticket. So Mikael .....finish this damn album and come to Germany :)

JoeVice said:
hey i was their too man, that was a great show. i was the one that kept calling for sweet home alabama, then mikael made a comment, don't remember what he said....anyway, is it just me, or was moonspell probably the tightest band that night. granted, their music is like 1/10th of opeth's in difficulty, but their sound was tight. opeth was still my favorite though...oh yah, and good call on sigur ros...cool stuff.

I remember there was a lot of Lynyrd Skynyrd shit going around. Where the hell did all that start anyway? Mikael was saying his name was what? Optimus Pyle? wtf? wierd shit man.

I thought Opeth and Moonspell both had a nice tight sound that night. One of the things that really struck me about Moonspell was that, when I picked up the brand new album - The Antidote - and played it over my car's sound system it sounded so much like their live show. A truly refreshing (and aptly named) turnaround from the highly overproduced Darkness and Hope.

I thought about going to OKC to see them the following night instead, but I'm kind of glad I didn't. It was probably better at that ridiculously small venue in Lawrence. I think the best shows are almost always in the smaller, more intimate venues.

by the way, Sigur Ros is another band I have a lot of respect for. I discovered them on a trip to Reikjavik. Have you seen the Vaka videos? Vaka is a 2-disc set. One is a music CD, the other is a DVD with 3 concept videos. Good stuff. For the curious - www.sigur-ros.co.uk