Opeth Live \m/

I think that applies to most of the people you see on forums. At least, that's how I feel when I see pics of people who I've seen/talked to for years.

That pic IS a tad warped though - the cam wasn't the best so all of us look a bit weird, even Peter.

hmm raises the question of what people think im like.. dont think ive ever posted a photo :p

anyway, seen opeth 4 times. 3 in london, once in nottingham. met mike once and got some stuff signed, met peter another time. never met either of the martins though. i was on the front row all 4 gigs (one of them was the dvd gig so im on the dvd as well...)

I've seen them live, unfortunately it was only once, and I had to endure Moonspell and Devil Driver before they got on. It wasn't like other shows I've been to. I couldn't headbang, couldn't mosh, none of that. I was all o_O, just sorta sat there half-dazed taking in the experience.

Ram said:
The Masters Aprentice, where i live there is no such thing called "concerts", i never heard about any real artist coming to this shithole, everyone listens to fucked arabic music or rap... i play in a band, you can't imagine the shit we go through to organize gigs, music education or appreciation is zero
i don't have any of opeth cds, just the dvd my friend bought it for me from the uk, i feel guilty for downloading all the songs off the internet, but even virgin megastore doesn't have any opeth albums.. my friend is getting me a tshirt from canada :D

I am very sorry to hear that. Opeth are great to see live, infact they best live act I have seen and I have been to Metallica, Kiss, Metal For The brain and all sorts of big gigs like that.

If you are in a band you might be interested to know, that you can download Opeth Guitar lessions for guitar.com or using a computer sharing programme. The lessions dissected the Drapery falls on guitar and show you all the riffs etc. I got the tabs from Opeth.darkwood.com and now its starting to sound good. Its hard to get tabs for the solo, mainly because Mikael forgot the original solo for the song, but i am trying to tab out the new version of the solo. if your band is pretty decent it would be a great song to cover!!

Moonlapse said:
I think that applies to most of the people you see on forums. At least, that's how I feel when I see pics of people who I've seen/talked to for years.
Too right... we should get a pic-post set-up one of these days. Otherwise no-one will beleive that I'm a fat hippie :erk:

The Masters Aprentice: You missed a "p"... also, you going to Metal for the Brain this year... or next year... apparently it won't be help until feb. I'll probably be making my way down for it, if so we'll have to meet up.

Never seen them live yet. Key word being yet cuz I got into them not that long ago.

RjBeals, Moonlapse... great pics. Man I can't believe so many here actually met them backstage. Very cool. Is it really that easy to meet them at their shows??

ShroudOfDusk: I dont understand what you mean by "You missed a "p"... also". And yes i am planning on going to Metal For the Brain. Last year was unreal, I Managed to meet Lord Tim and had to go to hospital, nothing serious but its a funny story. I missed Alchemist which really pissed me off. Yeah a few of my friends are goin down this year, so we might see you there!!

Mirrored Ghost: I dont know about many other people but for me it was very easy to meet Opeth! They are happy to stick round and chat too, i geuss they just love there fans! \m/

The Masters Aprentice, i agree with you about their live performance, when i saw the dvd i was fucking shocked, i've never seen such amazing performance, i mean i'm in a band and i do gigs and i know how is it like to perform live, opeth played the songs on the dvd even better than the studio version! i love the funny "stunt" mike made when he switched guitars during closure!!
yeah i got the guitar lessons, not bad but the quality and the interviewer are shit, and the thing really annoying about it is martin mendez keeps bumping his bass to the wooden chair because the place is so tight
i have most of opeth songs on guitar-pro tabs, me and my band once played ending credits, i tried to persuade them into demon of the fall for the last gig, but we didn't have enough time

I've seen them 3 times. First time was their dvd warm-up gig at Södra Teatern in Stockholm, second time was at Klubben in Stockholm (both those took place in the fall of 2003). Last time I saw them was at the SwedenRock festival, that was complete awesomeness. The Moor just fucking owned in a live format.

First gig in Finland EVER!
Opeth-07.jpg

'nuff said :)

The Masters Aprentice said:
Mirrored Ghost: I dont know about many other people but for me it was very easy to meet Opeth! They are happy to stick round and chat too, i geuss they just love there fans! \m/

:cool:

Lopez is pretty damn easy to talk to - he's all chilled out constantly.
Peter is pretty quiet so you have to actually try harder to get him to say something.
Mike is a bit standoffish, you kinda have to get onto his 'level' to talk (ie talk about some music or someshit you can relate to him on)
Mendez just doesn't know English too well so he'll just keep saying 'yeah man' to whatever you say to him.