Opeth @ Nokia Theater

Nokia Theatre is fairly new, and having followed the past few US tours I don't believe they've played there before. It's a fucking SWEET venue too, I'm glad they're playing there instead of HoB. Although HoB doesn't card me...

ill be there, just called the nokia's box office and the show is not set to start until 7:30, doors open at 6pm. Only two bands opening so it looks like Opeth won't come on until after 9:30. Manhattan has no curfew like the rest of NY Yippee!!! Love late shows and im getting really fuckin' pumped about seein' em live. it will be my first time seeing opeth bu last month saw KingCrimson at the nokia and the venue was spectacular, the sound system amazingly clear and crisp and loud!!!

The setlist they've been playing is so fucking awesome!!!
It includes some of my very favorites like GC, Hope, Bleak, Night&SilentWater, Demon, Deliverance.
In for an amazing ride
will be wearing toolarmy t-shirt.

This is their first show at the Nokia. It's been open about 2-3 years. It is a great venue.

I will be there tonight too. (another Bergen County resident) :headbang:

Amazing show, good mix but took a while for it to kick in, i was front left, like right in front of Fredrik, the setlist was...

Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night And The Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon Of The Fall
The Drapery Falls (Encore)

i shook Fred and Mike's hand and managed to get ahold of Fred's pick, i'm never washing my left hand again.

Last nite’s Opeth show was an amazing outta this world bodily experience. High on Fire on the other hand sucked major ass and didn't even see the other band but who cares?
I was there to see one and only band—Opeth rocked the fuckin' nokia!!!
Mikael was hilarious throughout the night :p
Had never been to a show where the front man was so engaging with the audience, having full on conversations, teasing, and flirting. It was very entertaining in a different kind of way and that’s why my voice is completely shot! Complete opposite experience from seeing Tool. Some of the things I remember, Mikael saying that they hated playing Serenity Falls Death cuz it's so damn hard to play. He also loves to say cunt, shit, fuck OH! and sometimes cock and kept repeating cock as his accent got weirder and weirder. Later he said that whoever didn't like Frederik was a bitch and right before Drapery Falls, as the audience was chanting for a drum solo, he said: What you don't wanna hear my solo? :( No, cuz solos are gay!

The setlist was amazing, from start to finish a whirlwind of pure energy!!! About 100 min. of music and only two of the songs are not in my top Opeth favorites—Heir Apparent and Serenity. I still don’t understand how so many people can just sit still without moving. Neck is killing me from headbangin’ so goddamn much.

Saw lots of tool shirts but mine was the only toolarmy tee i saw :(

Great acoustics. Out of all the venues in NYC to watch a show, the Nokia has the best sound system—loud, clear and crisp. I was right under the speakers on the floor to the right in front of drummer about 10 heads back and could feel the floor vibrating and chest was reverberating. Too bad we didn't get that drum solo, still one of the best shows I’ve ever been to and will ever get to experience—a heck of a headbangin' show. \m/
Even got a souvenir…
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn112/lachrymistpatient/OpethSetlist002.jpg

show was awesome, set list was awesome, mike was hysterical and they sounded great. was a great two nights for me, i saw the mars volta wednsday and then opeth tnight and they both rocked

I got back a few hours ago, incredible show! I blew my voice out, I still feel it. Opening the show with Heir Apparent was crushing, great idea! And Mike was downright hilarious, vocals were mixed too low but everything else was good. I was standing right on top of the stairs, left side (when facing the stage). Had on a Katatonia TGCD shirt. 2nd time seeing them and it may have matched the last time (chronologies NYC show).

The chronology show in NYC was sick. I mean, it was the first time they played TNATSW, its tough to rival that. BUT this was an awesome show for sure! I was against the middle of the railing on the 2nd level, a small girl with her equally small friend.

GREAT show in NYC last night. I was standing directly in front of Frederick. He threw me a pick and gave me another one. Had a huge smile on my face the whole time. I yelled "WE LOVE FREDERICK"....and Michael said "We love Frederick too". We got the solo from Frederick but couldn't get the bass or drum solo.

I met all of Opeth except Per(who completley ignored me and two other fans when we asked for autopraphs) when they first arrived at the Nokia theatre at around 11:00 am.

I don't know if any of you have seen me, but I was wearing a Graveland hoodie and was stand in the front row, drinking a Heineken during Nachtmystium's set.

at one point michael mentioned Morbid Angel. Does anyone remember what song they played after that?