Opeth fan demographics

First post here, thought this was the appropriate thread for it.

46 years old (yep, I'm old), been into Opeth since getting into PT a few years back. Really loved Ghost Reveries and have filled in the catalog since then. Hopefully going to see them in St. Louis next month (if I can get over the fact that the show is on a Monday night).

That sounds like a good gig! I wish I could pull that one off, at least for a year or two...

Yeah, it's pretty cool.

Crepuscularia said:
That sounds like a nightmare!

(I have a toddler).

Yeah, it's also that!

It's rewarding, it makes economic sense (the wife earned more than my HS teacher's salary, daycare was just a few grand less than my teacher's salary), it's monotonous, it's isolating (hence attempting to connect with people here), it's harder than teaching EVER was. People can be judgmental, too. And other mommies are sometimes wary of the dude with kids at the playground. (BTW, in my mind, I've imagined pulling into the preschool parking lot next to one of those mommies, blaring, say, "Blasting the Virginborn" and getting out and saying, "You want to set up a playdate?" I'm sure that'd go over well....)

But all in all, it's great to be able to spend so much time with my kids and have such a major role in their development.

First post here, thought this was the appropriate thread for it.

46 years old (yep, I'm old), been into Opeth since getting into PT a few years back. Really loved Ghost Reveries and have filled in the catalog since then. Hopefully going to see them in St. Louis next month (if I can get over the fact that the show is on a Monday night).

Cool. What were you into during the 80's and 90's?

I think Vuashke is"100%" correct. When I first started reading this thread, I thought, oh maybe he is approximately 75% correct, and then it hit me: No, no, he is completely one hundred percent correct. And I am a one hundred percent Atheist.
A lot of people seem to think mister Vuashke is prone to arguments. May I suggest going on a killing spree in Balmora? That always makes me feel just dandy.

Whoa, nice Morrowind reference...that is Morrowind right, and not its bastard stepchild Oblivion?

because after all, who actually wants to believe that when they die, all that happens next is becoming a messy, moldering meat-mound-below-ground?

That's my dream. I want to be a moldering meat-mound-below-ground.
Second choice is a zombie at Six Flags' fright fest.

Hi everyone, my first message in this forum.
28 years old, male, from Rio-Brazil, been listening to Opeth since Blackwater Park.
And waiting for a brazilian tour all these years!

Yeah, it's pretty cool.

Yeah, it's also that!

It's rewarding, it makes economic sense (the wife earned more than my HS teacher's salary, daycare was just a few grand less than my teacher's salary), it's monotonous, it's isolating (hence attempting to connect with people here), it's harder than teaching EVER was. People can be judgmental, too. And other mommies are sometimes wary of the dude with kids at the playground. (BTW, in my mind, I've imagined pulling into the preschool parking lot next to one of those mommies, blaring, say, "Blasting the Virginborn" and getting out and saying, "You want to set up a playdate?" I'm sure that'd go over well....)

But all in all, it's great to be able to spend so much time with my kids and have such a major role in their development.

Good on ya! I bet your wife really appreciates it and so do the kids. When I was a kid, a long, long, looong time ago (although it doesn't feel that way in my mind) my dad didn't have a job for a while and used to look after me. I was little but I remember. Kids love spending time with dads cos they don't get to in general.
You should show up to pick up your kids with blasting Opeth, that sure would scare them!