Opeth fan demographics

Yep, you do like to argue for argument's sake and you do contradict yourself. Now, why would I go back and do all the work for you? You just need to read your own posts. But no need, you slashed Black Session over the 100% atheist remark and now you say you don't believe in any deities? But I will not argue with you because you will post something else that will contradict your previous remark as if we could not read what you just said before.

I think Vuashke is"100%" correct. When I first started reading this thread, I thought, oh maybe he is approximately 75% correct, and then it hit me: No, no, he is completely one hundred percent correct. And I am a one hundred percent Atheist.
A lot of people seem to think mister Vuashke is prone to arguments. May I suggest going on a killing spree in Balmora? That always makes me feel just dandy.

no, ive just got a rather painful urinary tract infection that feels like im pissing hot glass, thats why im arguing today

i dont believe in any gods because theres no evidence of them, but they may very well exist. i just dont believe in them because the main deities that exist are pretty bullshit.

how many of you were atheists BEFORE you got into heavy metal music?

For me, and maybe others, I started listening to metal the same time I started being self aware and actually questioning things. I questioned MTV - listened to metal. I questioned faith - started dancing around trees in the woods naked while sacrificing cute little kitties.

I'm 18 - I have been a fan since I got Blackwater Park for my birthday last year - from then on I have listened to little but Opeth, Seen them live last April and have the entire back catalogue apart from "Morningrise".

I'm 19, listening to Opeth for the last two years, and I'm a deist... Basically it means I believe in "something" that keeps the universe working like a perfect machine, call it God, Universal Glue or whatever you like it, but it doesn't interfere with our lives, no miracles and that kind of things.

no, ive just got a rather painful urinary tract infection that feels like im pissing hot glass, thats why im arguing today

i dont believe in any gods because theres no evidence of them, but they may very well exist. i just dont believe in them because the main deities that exist are pretty bullshit.

38 male spiritual

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

I believe that there is a higher power, but it is not of any one belief. We all have our interpretations of who or what the spiritual being may or not may be. I respect your beliefs whatever they may be, so please respect mine.

Gees I missed the heated parts of the conversation but I'm glad I did actually. I am bored to death because of all the God's existence talk in the forums I've made in my early stages of life and guess what? I still think the way I used to.. There is no exact formula for these things I think.
anyways Opeth rocks! (?)

26 year old, male, from Canada. I bought Deliverance shortly after it's time of release and hated it... then fell in love with MAYH the following year. Rediscovered Deliverance shortly thereafter, and then obtained the back catalogue. Religious beliefs: Ummm? :guh:

Chalk up one more for the Geezer Patrol... I'm the same age as Per, 40, and got into Opeth through Porcupine Tree and unrelenting peer pressure from some of my fellow musician buds around the time Ghost Reveries was released.

As for religion... meh... just call me a very skeptical agnostic and leave it at that. I stop just short of claiming full-on atheism because after all, who actually wants to believe that when they die, all that happens next is becoming a messy, moldering meat-mound-below-ground? That said, all the organized sects of religion in the world are so full of holes, self-contradictions and non-reality mumbo-pocus that you really, seriously have to want it to be able to swallow all that dogma, but if you can and do, more power to ya... hell, (pardon the pun) truth be told, I'm actually kind of envious, but please keep it to yourself, 'K? Thanks!

And don't let Doucheke fool ya, he's no atheist! He's actually High Priest of the Temple of the Great Phallic Banana Ghost. Marcus Miller told me so!

Wow, I just checked back after a few days and can't believe all the responses. I was really just looking for how old people were and when they started listening to Opeth....poor thread title. To add to the original idea my favorite bands are: Opeth, Nevermore, Maiden, Mastodon. I also used to play drums in a NYC Hardcore band called Yuppicide......and yes I LOVE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm from Winnipeg, Canada. I'm 22 years old, and I have been a fan since Blackwater Park timeframe, although Still Life was the first album I heard.

19 year old female, technically jewish/american/israeli but really atheist. And started listening when I was 16... and became obsessed a week later.

Oh ok I didn't get what the OP was talking about.

Started listening to Opeth when I was like... 12 (due to weird doom/gothic metal obsession) and I found them under a Limewire search when I looked for gothic metal. I downloaded "Serenity Painted Death". Rest is history.

34 year old stay at home dad. Became a fan before I had kids, which seems like a different life. So... when D&D came out.

Are we really talking about religion here? What next, politics? Ugh. Enough of that elsewhere....