Opeth playing new material live before studio cuts?

Cutter

Fuck consensus reality
Dec 19, 2001
Sydney
Visit site
What do you think the chances are of Opeth playing any upcoming material from Deliverance or Damnation before the albums are released? I read their doing a show in Stockholm late september. Wouldn't it be cool if they played some of the new material then...well, cool for those who got to saw them of course.

Anyway, if anyone happens to see them live soon and hears something new...let us all know what its like.

Maybe it would be better if they waited until people have already heard their songs. For a lot of Opeth songs you have to listen to it for a couple of times before you realize how good it is. What I mean is that if they play a new song live maybe it won't have the full effect on the audience as opposed if they had heard the song before. But it wouldn't really matter to me because they're not coming to play here anytime soon anyway.

I think people would love it if they did. Though the bootlegs would be everywhere immediately. Be nice if they at least played a part of something.

Anyone who goes there;

you'd better bootleg it, cause I think the rest of us would definitly like to hear some of the new songs. Please!!!!

And for the record sales, they're not playing the entire album anyway, so of course they'll play some new shit.