Opeth Reissues

Muerte

New Metal Member
Mar 29, 2006
Hi there!

I just decided im buying the records im still missing and I remember something about new Opeth Reissues... but I dont have a clue on which label (roadrunner!???????) are released nor any other details like bonus tracks, remastered versions, etc etc...

Anyone got details about those? Where all remastered? Or just the old ones? Help, opeth fans, please! Where to buy them!?

PS, im sure Watershed will be the best album of 2008... :worship:

yes, all the albums you find in stores are re-issues, not remastered.

im actually looking forward to the still life re-master, from what mikael said it sounds like it will give life to the worst "sounding" opeth album IMO.

yes, all the albums you find in stores are re-issues, not remastered.

im actually looking forward to the still life re-master, from what mikael said it sounds like it will give life to the worst "sounding" opeth album IMO.

MAYH sounds pretty meh too.
It would be nice if they remaster that one next; after seeing how well Still Life sells ofc.

like you can read in another thread, there are special editions of the three first albums coming out near the end of this year probably (well, it says TBA 2008 anyway). so you might wanna wait for that.

Those are special/limited editions.

Perhaps in some strict sense, but they're still readily available for purchase online, so they're apparently not that limited (or else they haven't sold very well). ;)

Cool name, by the way....

It would be nice if they remaster that one next; after seeing how well Still Life sells ofc.

Yeah, I just got My Arms Your Hearse, and I have to agree that the sound quality could use a boost. A remaster would be nice. Actually, a remix would be even better, since more sound improvement could be acheived that way than simply remastering the existing mix. Of course, remixing also leaves more room for screwing it up too, but hopefully it would be done right. I would definitely be interested in proper remixes of the first 4 CDs (well, I haven't actually heard Morningrise yet, but I have to assume that the sound quality is comparable to the other early CDs).

If anything needs to be remixed and remastered it's Morningrise...that album would sound SO much better with a boost. It's still one of my favorites, but I'd love to see it "fixed".