Opeth`s Supports on 2009 Tour - Your Propositions.

^ What the fuck? Yeah Wintersun should do a show AS SOON AS FUCKING POSSIBLE also release their FUCKING album. But.. it has nothing to do with Opeth so fuck off. Three, Porcupine Tree, etc. seems fine to me. Three was just incredible, greatest discovery last year, Montreal was such in fire!!

They'll be releasing it in August, I think. Anytime after that would be good.

*promptly fucks off*

someone i do not care about and only one band who gets no more than 30 mins.

then we can all enjoy a 2 hours set that people in the states were lucky to get from the latest tour.

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I like the band, but I'm not sure if they are experienced enough to go on tour with Opeth. They've only done something like 5 shows in their entire career.

True, but what better way for them to get the experience than to tour with the masters?! :) They have the talent, and would gain a lot of fans, I think.

OK, OK, if I can't have In Mourning, Agalloch would do just fine, thank you. Somebody call up Haughm and hook that up.

Doesn't matter to me as long as OPeth is there and is close enough geographicaly to get to.

My dream tour which would never ever happen

Opeth :worship:

and

Tool :worship:

Doesn't matter to me as long as OPeth is there and is close enough geographicaly to get to.

My dream tour which would never ever happen

Opeth :worship:

and

Tool :worship:

I think I've decided just one of these two bands would be a dream show by themselves if they just changed their setlists drastically. The new Opeth setlist could be really exciting, as The Moor, Harlequin Forest, and other greats will probably make it on there. And Tool...well all I can say is Opeth fans need to stop whining about Opeth continually playing some of the same songs, because Tool changes like one song tops in their setlist for the entire two years or so they tour for an album. There's too many fan favorites to hear but I'd love them to bring back some old aggressive stuff from Opiate and Undertow (And not Prison Sex/Sober I mean) - it was badass when they played Flood out of the blue. (More Disposition/Reflection/Triad too plz)

cryptopsy
disturbed
metallica
trivium
opeth

perfect bill imoafaik.

oh wait...

it'd be nice to see wittr/negura bunget support them, although I highly doubt they'd be up for a full us tour.
then again, it'd be very difficult to follow either of those acts.

Riverside get my vote. I have never seen them live.

I had a chance to see them a few months ago. They played a one-off show here in Jersey but I didn't know about it till a day or two before and couldn't make it.

:cry:

Hopefully Riverside will come to the USA soon. They have quickly become one of my favorite bands.

Again, seeing them with Opeth would be a dream come true.

When Opeth toured with Porcupine tree in support of Damnation, PTree really brought the house down, and made the Opeth set seem extremely boring, since they played only Damnation. I've seen katatonia live, they're excellent but Scar Symmetry opened for them along with Insomnium and destroyed them. The point is, you can't have a band that will be hard to follow. I'd love to see

Cynic
Solution .45
Porcupine Tree (since opeth will play heavy tracks)
Protest the Hero
Anathema

But you know it will probably someone they are label mates with, like High on Fail during the last tour. As for Agalloch, they deserve to tour America with a decent support band, NOT Opeth, I say Agalloch and Katatonia.
Everything you said made sense until the High on Fire remark. They aren't even on the same label because HOF is on Relapse Records.