ghost of perdition

:tickled:

encore: the drapery falls

second encore: black rose immortal

third encore:ending credits

fourth encore: hours of wealth

fifth encore: arriving somewhere but not here

sixth encore: free bird

When I saw them i Glasgow, their set was around an hour and a half long. It would have been about one hour 45 minutes, but they were forced to cut The Baying Of The hounds because they were playing at The Garage. This used to be my favourite venue, but recently they have employed a 10pm curfew, meaning that the headline band gets booted off the stage at 10pm. Gay or what?!?!?

Liquid Diamonds said:
When I saw them i Glasgow, their set was around an hour and a half long. It would have been about one hour 45 minutes, but they were forced to cut The Baying Of The hounds because they were playing at The Garage. This used to be my favourite venue, but recently they have employed a 10pm curfew, meaning that the headline band gets booted off the stage at 10pm. Gay or what?!?!?

Fucking shit man

I wanted to go to that gig but it sold out before I could get a ticket. :(

Liquid Diamonds said:

That sucks man.

The concerts I've been to actually really started at that point : 10pm. *Excluding Support*.

Bad part is that there weren't anymore busses riding when the show ended... Taxi'd.

When I saw them in Philly, they went on at about 10PM EST..I left at about 11:20PM EST, and they were coming into the home stretch on Deliverance. They played BWP and DOTF after that, with some talking mixed in, so I'd say set time is about 2hr for them headlining

Liquid Diamonds said:

Yes, that is fucking gay!

Thanks guys, so when I see them I can expect to see a healthy around-about 2 hours worth of excellent fucking music... alright

:headbang:

10 p.m.? that's fucking gay. when i saw king diamond he started like at 11 p.m. and ended like at 12:45.

i've yet to see opeth, and looks like i won't until they release another cd in another 3 years. :cry:

Lethe78 said:
I've seen them 6 times and their shortest set was a half hour at a metal fest, but the others were all around 1.5 hours.

Yeah i heard they played on 3 songs - of which 2 were from GR, lasting only half an hour at a festival in Prague last year. They lasted bout hour and half first time and bout 2 hour 15 mins second time. But dusnt neone think MIke talks soo much crap? i mean its sorta funni tryin to hear girls do death metal growls and talk bout 'cock rock' and how successful AC/DC are -but we pay to see OPeth play music?! if they wana release comedy cds or do stand up then do it lol. just gets anoyin durin every other song he talks for 5mins plus about crap. they could fit in a coupla of decent shorter tracks like Still Day Beneath The Sun, Isolation Years, Closure (bear with me if theyr in fact long songs, i might only have short versions). neone agree?

I like the way he invites everyone to maybe shout something out, or just generally have a laugh. Its refreshing to see someone who doesnt scream out 'rock on' in their mightiest scream. and instead comes across as an average friendly guy.