Opeth signing to Road Runner.

Moon_City said:
Haha.

Nickleback are an underground death metal band who are renowned for their passionate live shows and 'doin' it for the music attitude'. Their singer is a really good death metal vocalist, maybe a future rival to Mikael, he's damn good.

I found a song of theirs to listen to called 'Someday You Will Remind Me'. It's probably the heaviest thing I've ever heard (except for Linkin Park). Thanks for the recommendation. I can add them to my heavy metal playlist now.

that track is fucked.. the chorses and shit are all the same.. i laugh so hard when i hear it :)

I don't care. However, Roadrunner is not an extreme metal label. Roadrunner USED to have Fear Factory, Death, Obituary, Suffocation, Deicide on thier roster and then they sold out to the nu metal trend.
However, if Opeth are signing to Roadrunner, I'll do an internship there being that Roadrunner's offices are in NYC.
Otherwise, best of luck to Opeth, but I'm thinking other labels could do them justice, as Roadrunner hardly promotes the extreme bands on thier roster, there for forcing them to leave for greener pastures.

Just be glad the lyrics aren't like this!

lamentations, woo woo woo,
death, grim, eating a shoe
no place to go, no chicks to do
doom, damnation......... nigga.

p.s. check out the new opeth logo in my sig.

I am hoping that they are going to start their own label, self-produce the album and sign a massively lucrative distribution or licensing deal with one of the labels currently bidding.

That way they have complete artistic control, direct influence on marketing and promotion... and erm, adding another aspect to the "thieving record label" arguments that we so love.