Opeth signing to Road Runner.

Alternative 3 said:
You are probably right haggard. Why do you think we are not being told who they have signed to? waiting for a better offer, keep people waiting?

Oh, I'd bet money that Opeth is already signed and not waiting for a bidding war to come to an end - the main reason being that they are already in the studio, which is thousands of dollars a day. The record label puts that money up for Opeth (of course, Opeth will have to pay that back - read Steve Albini's article on music & money if you haven't already).

I'd say that they're just waiting to announce the label at a good time. a pure marketing decision.

I read that interesting read, one cynicle mofo, it sucks that the music buisiness is like that, no wonder everyone has lawyers. In Utero is the only nirvana album i brought haha, thats why i believe the guy.

Not only that but currently music piracy is completely destroying the music industry. There's a huge crisis both in the US and Australia. It's extremely hard to get a job, or find labels that are willing to sign artists these days. Nobody's making any profit anymore.

Albini is a great producer. His work with Neurosis is brilliant. That article hit the spot too.
Oh and fuck Roadrunner, they fucked Cantrell and numerous other groups im too lazy to list.

evenflow said:
It seems pretty much confirmed that RR has signed Opeth.

I still dont' get how you people think this?

I can't find anything that suggests this on either OPeth's site or Roadrunner's.

I wish Opeth signed with Century Media, as they have some of my actual/ex favorite bands (Novembre, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, etc)

As for nickelback, well, they once came to a fest here and in the day they played there was also Cradle of Filth and like, COF fans around here thrown rocks, beers bottles and cans to nickelback and they left stage without even playign their first song to the end and Cradle, which followed them in the set of bands for that day, played sooner!

This is a ridiculous thread, but it's still very interesting in many ways.

Whoever Opeth signs with, I'm sure it'll be a wise decision. Mikael isn't retarded when it comes to marketing. After 7 albums, I'm sure their next album will be released with a decent label, at the very least.

Silent Song said:
easily CoF. Nickelback's fault is repetitive riffs and uncanny catchiness. CoF has deeper problems :lol:
uncanny catchiness? :err: :yuk:
i agree though, nickelback are more easily written off i suppose...cradle are an affront to good taste :yell:

"Sweden's OPETH are on the verge of inking a new record deal with Roadrunner Records, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. The band, who were previously signed to the now-defunct British label Music For Nations Records, recently entered Fascination Street studios in Örebro, Sweden to begin recording their eight album, tentatively due later in the year."

OH MAN! WHATSUP NOW BITCHES?