Opeth Song Survivor - Album Final! - Blackwater Park (Vote for the BEST SONG) (BEST)

Best song?

• Bleak

Votes: 65 55.1%
  • The Drapery Falls

Votes: 53 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go fuck yourself! People I have noticed just get tired of the album by the time BWP comes on. That song is just the best in every way. Structured like the old Opeth songs and that riff+solo at the end are just too damn cool. Most of the songs on bwp seem too suffer from loss of atmosphere except that song and Leper.:) The interlude and outro just own everything on that album. Simple.

@DreamingofUr, most of my favorite songs are at the end of the album so that's not why I do'nt like it. :D I don't like it cuz of the wankery in the middle that's just filler. And the rest is just as good as the every other song on the album, but nothing special. Leper Affinity, now that is special. Leper Affinity and Dirge of November.

@arborist, if you give me a good reason I'll go away.

The best thing about BWP is the intro. The first time I listened to BWP the album I had my stereo cranked and I was definitely not ready for it. Scared the shit out of me.

Illbeleavinnnow, I would give you a reason to leave but I am afraid you would embarass me with one of your really snappy comebacks. You are too funny and smart to leave here anyway. We need your insight to guide us, for without you we would be lost. PLEASE stay-oh, please stay. Loser. You said BP doesn't go anywhere and repeats itself. I think you were talking about your posts. Talk about irony....

Bleak, simply for the drums (catchy as hell, I find myslf playing the opening part over and over for no reason), the atmospheric guitars, and the soft spot.

I voted for The Drapery Falls. The moment he stops screaming and sings "Spiralling to the ground below...like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade away" PURE F*CKING GENIUS. That is one of the best parts of music of all time. The whole song builds up to that moment and it really doesn't dissappoint. Then the ending. it's all great.