Opeth Song Survivor - Album Final! - Orchid (Vote for the BEST SONG) (BEST)

Vote for the BEST BEST BEST SONG

• In Mist She Was Standing

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Forest of October

Votes: 44 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the Mist.... cos i love to NAH NAH NAH NA NAH NAH NAH along to it!! (ok im sad... point taken) ::)

Forest

I love the "The Forest of October, sleep SILENT when I paaaart." bit. :heh: And "run away, run away" were the first lyrics I found myself humming to and wanting more. AND I'd like to add that "Unto you I whisper the wildest dreeeeeams, in the coldness of niiiiight. YAHHH!" has been my ultimate favorite opening on the album.

Reactions: midwintertears
I think you just messed up, :D.

And would someone please tell me whats up with the discrepancy in the title, is it as stated on the website and my reissue "In The Mist She Was Standing" or is it "In Mist She Was Standing".

Thank You

illbeleavinnow said:
I can't believe you just used "<3". :lol:

There are a few songs which just don't appeal to me. They never have, and probably never will:

The Twilight is My Robe
The Apostle in Triumph
Nectar

All of those are just... bland.

three of my fav opeth songs, you're cut, go home.

illbeleavinnow said:
I can't believe you just used "<3". :lol:

There are a few songs which just don't appeal to me. They never have, and probably never will:

The Twilight is My Robe
The Apostle in Triumph
Nectar
The Funeral Portrait

All of those are just... bland.

The Funeral Portrait is absolutely fucking slayful! I used to think it was bland too, but now I adore it.

As for me, Forest of October has never appealed to me as much as it should. I only got into Karma recently. Nectar is great but it has that annoying riff. Moonlapse Vertigo does little for me.

Guardian of Darkness said:
The Funeral Portrait is absolutely fucking slayful! I used to think it was bland too, but now I adore it.

As for me, Forest of October has never appealed to me as much as it should. I only got into Karma recently. Nectar is great but it has that annoying riff. Moonlapse Vertigo does little for me.

Granted I haven't listened to The Funeral Portrait enough times, but it has been over 20 easily and still nothing. The Apostle in Triumph and The Twilight Is My Robe I've given more than enough tries, I simply don't like them. As far as Nectar goes, I don't know what to say. It hasn't struck much but it has potential.

The thing is, there are songs like Moonlapse Vertigo or Karma or Wreath, which aren't as full and rich as other Opeth songs but that still have melodies and riffs that I love. The only thing missing is the powerful atmosphere that is found in songs like April Ethereal or Deliverance. The Funeral Portrait, Nectar, TTIMR, and TAIT don't even have melodies and riffs that I enjoy. Those four songs are the only Opeth songs that I simply won't listen to.

Heh, just goes to show how one's opinion can greatly vary to another's. Well, you don't like the songs, than you don't. But I'll always be shocked...definitely one of the BEST songs from Opeth....

...Twilight and Apostle, of course....Funeral Portrait is, well...alright.

I can see why Twilight and Apostle are amazing for some people.

Just yesterday I was lying in bed and I coudln't fall asleep (it turns out that tea was in fact caffinated) so I put on Orchid, and as I was lying in bed listening to those two songs, I was contrived, I was like "Why isn't this clicking? These melodies could be epic, but they're falling just short."

i did exactly the same thing yesterday... i was lying on my bed with headohones on and listened to Forest, because it ahs never clicked with me, but this time it was actually really good! The song got ruined before by the parts between the different parts (Wow that made sense), like the change just before the solo.

Dum dididi dum didid dum "Hepp"... *solo*...

They are both my favorite songs on Orchid (but then again, I fucking love everything on that album) and among my top 5 Opeth songs ever....and they are both very unique as they never tried that kind of sound ever again (Forest=creepy, foresty and Mist=happy and upbeat at first).

I love em both.

But I'm gonna vote Forest cause I know Mist will win and I want Forest to at least lose by 2 or 3 votes.