Opeth Song Survivor - Tournament Final - 6 Remaining (Vote for least favourite)

Least favourite? (closes in 3 days)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Schism said:
Mist, and I have all Opeth albums, so there :p

Ah, too bad you feel that way....In Mist is such a "classic" song, with so many fine melodic moments.

It's a shame many can't open their eyes to see just how "epic and beautiful" In Mist truly is....it's masterful. Sure other songs are amazing, but they lack the energy much of the great songs off Orchid and Mornigrise have. In Mist, TBYF, and BRI to be the three best.

"Bleak" is the weakest one there. Not saying it's bad, but not really feeling it as other songs Opeth has put out. "Deliverance" is probably one of my favorite songs from them. Which is kind of disappointing to see it having so many votes. But, we all have our opinions.

I love every opeth song and have listened to every album a gazillion times.

I truely do not enjoy To Bid you farewell as much as other songs. TNATSW and Advent blow it away.

Deliverance...

Btw, why do some people say 'In THE Mist She Was Standing'? :confused: My cover says 'In Mist' and 'In The Mist' sounds fucking lame.

Man, it was bad enough that most of my favorite tracks got dissed in the heats, now my top 3 tracks among the finalists are going to be the first shot down...

At least I can keep voting TBYF without having to think about it much.

1. To Bid You Farewell
2. When
3. Bleak (good start, gets lame)
4. The Moor (has highs and lows)
X Windowpane (good start, doesn't build much)
6. Deliverance (great)
7. In Mist She Was Standing (only fave to make finals)

Yeah, The Moor has like a 90% chance of taking this...but I wouldn't underestimate To Bid You Farewell, which seems like a VERY popular song (surprises me).

Thing is, I think I remember someone making a poll with The Moor and Black Rose Immortal against each other, and it was close but BRI came out on top (I'm pretty certain). The poll was made because it seemed at the time these were the TWO most well-liked Opeth songs. I still think there was a mistake about BRI NOT being in here....how many votes was it getting anyway, I missed out on some of those mornigrise survivors (DAMN!)