Opeth Song Survivor - Tournament Final - 5 Remaining (Vote for least favourite)

Which song do you like the least?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guardian of Darkness said:
Black Rose Immortal has the best clean vocals, and is the most epic song Opeth have ever done, methinks. The clean parts in When aren't *that* great. I prefer 'the celestial touch.....from grey to black' to virtually anything else. I also enjoy the clean parts from The Moor, but there's something about all the clean vocals on Still Life which annoys me. I certainly prefer the clean-vocals sound (Mike had a cold? Heh.) on MAYH.
I absolutely ADORE the clean vocals on Orchid, throughout.

The Celestial Touch part is from Amen Corner, not When. I don't know if you were meaning When or not.

BTW will there be like a worst Opeth song survivor? Like taking the first actual song to get voted off each album and find out which one everyone likes less? Or we can just go ahead and say it's weakness.

I had the same thought, Flood. I think there are enough fans of Weakness out there, however, that Wreath and Nectar could give it a good run for the money.

scorpian007 said:
I don't want Deliverance to go :(

Mikaels voice has improved dramatically since tbyf, but I really couldn't get into deliverence. The album in itself is my least favorite album released by Opeth, and that's the crappiest song on it IMO. I think "The Moor" or "Bleak" are best bets for winner.

ok, to have Nectar even mentioned as contender for WORST Opeth song is sompletely MAD! Completely INSANE...don't mean to direct this at anyone in particular, but that comment REALLY grabbed me. Nectar has some of my all-time fave moments from ANY Opeth song (also one of the greatest intros next to In Mist)

Alcapoth said:
ok, to have Nectar even mentioned as contender for WORST Opeth song is sompletely MAD! Completely INSANE...don't mean to direct this at anyone in particular, but that comment REALLY grabbed me. Nectar has some of my all-time fave moments from ANY Opeth song (also one of the greatest intros next to In Mist)

I mentioned Nectar because a lot of folks on the board have talked smack about it. I also mentioned Wreath, which is one of my two favorite Opeth tracks. And then there's Weakness, which could be my favoriate Damnation track... just calling it as I see it. Personally, I would expect Face of Melinda to be universally despised, except that it got a lot of love on the Still Life polls.