Opeth Vs Novembre

Illnath

Feb 10, 2004
Denmark
Opeth wins!!!!!!! :tickled:

Does anyone here like Novembre. I think they are pretty good. And I differently think that their sound is a lot like Opeths.

Stupid post, but I’m really bored

I love Novembre! Perhaps even better than Opeth. And I can definately see the similarities between them, although Opeth have more clean parts, I believe.

I got my first Novembre CD yesterday, all I can say is that their a great band but Opeth still shit all over them

This is a useless topic on an opeth forum btw... :) Anyway, I think Opeth beats all "alternative-death-progressive-metal-hybrid" bands anytime/anywhere. Doesn't matter whether you compare them with Novembre, Dark Suns, Novembers Doom or whatever. The only band to come close is the Finnish Farmakon! The funniest thing about these opeth imitating groups is their musical "progression", I mean, Dark Suns' next album is said to be more like Porcupine Tree or Anathema. Unfortunately it's even harder to imitate those two than opeth... IMO, of course.

orchid and wish i could dream it again were recorded in the same studio nearly at the same time (1 week or two later)... they have similarities, novembre is more easylistening and i like them quite more than opeth... check all their discography, it's worth the time

Protected Witness said:
No way, dude. Christina on all fronts.

whaaaaat? no way. brit has more meat to her, i have some pics of her that make me want to jump through the screen. sure i have seen many semi-new pics of her acne filled face, but i think she stopped caring since she's not on tour. but given a chance, i'd much rather ravage brit than christina. although christina's "dirty" video is quite fucking hot haha. pretty awesome that i'm discussing this on the opeth forum.

Oceana said:
orchid and wish i could dream it again were recorded in the same studio nearly at the same time (1 week or two later)

that's an interesting piece of info. i did not know that.

I think Novembre is a pretty good band, I really love the "Classica" album alot, but I think no matter now much metal-elitists deny it, Novembre wouldn't even have at least 50% of their sound if it weren't for Opeth. "My starving bambina" is their best song by far...where Opeth has like 50 great songs.

Farmakon however, blatantly rips off Opeth it's not even funny then fuse it with some horrid clean singing and funk stuff...just not my thing, even though the vocalist has a good growl.

Luz said:
Mmm..., Beyonce. :tickled:
She has so much meat that she's able to feed a fucking army, and those sluts called Britney and Christina.

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

good call luciana..beyonce is a hot bitch too. i'd like to eat her body for dinner.

Dreadful said:
Farmakon however, blatantly rips off Opeth it's not even funny then fuse it with some horrid clean singing and funk stuff...just not my thing, even though the vocalist has a good growl.

yeah, they have some really cool riffs, and the singer's growls are really good. but i agree that his clean singing is pretty bad. i enjoy the album quite a bit though.

I found "novembrine waltz" a little boring, so it really depends on which Novembre album you listen to...but "Classica" has like at least 4 really good songs, my opinion.