Opeth - Watershed leak

I don't see what the big deal is. I didn't make the videos. I'm just posting them here for everyone considering most on this forum are Opeth fans. Considering Sneap did a few of their projects, I think it's OK. :Smug:

I for one check this forum daily as opposed to other forums which I visit maybe once a month or never. I'd rather share my findings with those I frequently associate with on here rather than some mp3 forum that no one cares about.

If this thread is not allowed, let the moderator delete it then. :p

i wasn't referring to the thread or your initial post, i meant me posting direct links

really like the bass guitar tone, vs other opeth records. it's much more fat, and punchy.

the end bit reminds me of an american tale with fivel and all those cats.

I'm really liking the guitar sound on these so far. It's darker and fatter than GR. I'm curious how much of that is Fredrik's Marshall JVM.

As far as I know, Mikael convinced Fredrik to switch to PRS guitars and Laney amps like himself.
Might I also add that this album does sound much darker all around, but still without a doubt Opeth...oh, how I love them :lol:

the opeth site says it's a mix of laney, engl, and i think mesa. a bunch of different guitars; prs, les paul, strat.

For Watershed? I didn't see any equipment listed, only that it was recorded at Fascination Street studio (someone apparently likes The Cure...) and that the equipment section will be updated.

Laney/Engl/Mesa along with the PRS/LP/Strat mix seems to be their standard for the past few albums. They've had really superb tones ever since Blackwater Park; cleans, mid-gains to full on metal, rhythm and lead. It's rare that I hear a heavy band whose lighter tones would be great even in the context of lighter genres, but Opeth pull it off. (I'd say they're a damn good spacey prog rock band when they're not in metal mode. Take all the death/doom/black metal out of what they do and they're still a good band.)

What really gets me is that Watershed has what I'd say are the best acoustic tones I've heard on an Opeth record so far. Six- and twelve-string, nylon string... the depth and detail are really fantastic. Jens Bogren is pretty high up on my list of engineers now after hearing this album.

As far as I know, Mikael convinced Fredrik to switch to PRS guitars and Laney amps like himself.

I know Mikael wrangled a PRS or two for Fredrik; I've seen them talk about it in interviews. I was under the impression that Fredrik was still using his Marshall, though. Cool guitar tones, whatever they are.

If you havn't heard it yet, wait until you fuckers hear "Heir Apparent".

Fuckin BADDEST Opeth song ever, IMO. I can't get enough of that song. It's DOOOOM!!!

These guys will definitely get my money when the disc shows up in stores (once again...). :kickass:

Ok, so i had to get the leaked album, but trust me i have every intention of buying the origional.

This album is muuch weirder than the previous. Like at the end of "burden" where the acoustic guitar plays and it just detunes till it ends.
And "Heir Apparent" at 01:20min that type of riffing i didn't expect.

fuck great sounding album!

Sadly it's the only song that stands up to Still Life/MAYH standards. The rest of the album is filler by comparison. The first half is okay, but the second half could be just left out.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to agree with that. I already posted a thread here about Watershed but it got deleted but I'm gonna say it again: this thing isnt finished yet, its like the ideas are there but the best they could do to 'mold' them together was putting breaks in there? :erk: