Opeth's Bonus Songs

Rocker0803

Jun 5, 2007
Can someone please list the bonus songs that Opeth has recorded. I have all of thier Cds, but I think there may be a few songs that I havnt had the chance to hear because they were added on to the disk after I already bought them, Patterns in the Ivy II for example. I want to make sure that Im not missing out on some more great songs so Id really appreciate it. Thanks.

Opeth has not a lot of bonus song. The only title that came to my head are:

Into The Frost Of Winter
Patters In The Ivy II
Still THe Day Beneath The Sun
Eternal Soul Torture
Remember Tommorow (Iron Maiden Cover)
Circle Of Tyrants (Celtic Frost Cover)
Soldier Of Forture (Deep Purple Cover)

Opeth has not a lot of bonus song. The only title that came to my head are:

Into The Frost Of Winter
Patters In The Ivy II
Still THe Day Beneath The Sun
Eternal Soul Torture
Remember Tommorow (Iron Maiden Cover)
Circle Of Tyrants (Celtic Frost Cover)
Soldier Of Forture (Deep Purple Cover)
(it' s "Still day beneath the sun" without "the")

i have Eternal Soul Torture (bonus track of Morningrise). It' s a record of like 1992. Mikael considers it the best song recorded before Orchid; some parts of it has been used in Advent i think

Personally i don' t like it very much, mainly because of the bad sound quality

Patters In The Ivy II and Still Day Beneath The Sun are the ones worth listening too, if you're not counting the covers. The other two have REAAAALLY bad sound quality, as mentioned above.

I actually enjoy listening to Eternal Soul Torture. Not enjoy as in "damn, this song is good", but more because it is interesting historically for Opeth, and proves that even good bands start bad. At least they had ambitions. But there is little more than ambition in that song.

Thanks guys. I actually had all of them but Eternal Soul Torture, Patterns in the Ivy 2, and Still Day Beneath the Sun. I couldnt find Eternal Soul Torture but the Blackwater Park bonus songs are quickly becoming two of my favorite songs. Really beautiful guitar work, I wish damnation had a few songs that had followed in that trend. Damnations songs are kinda of ominous and depressing in a way and the guitar isnt as intricate. I think the bonus songs have a more folk vibe than a doom(closest thing I can think of to describe damnation) vibe.