opeths metals shining light?

Jun 1, 2008
"Opeth are the biggest Metal band right now."

I have said this numerous times to friends, and i would lke to see if you agree or disagree with me.

I'm pretty sure I'm taller than everyone now that Peter is gone.

I spose almost the poster boys of metal, the flag bearers, you know?

Look at it this way.

If Opeth were Nominated for a grammy for watershed, who else do you think could touch them.
Metallica with death magntic? I would say no. Trivium with shogun (for trivium it was a good release). maybe. I really cant think of any band that could come close.

My point being is I think that opeth are about as big as they get at this period in time.

The hype is overwhelming, and they deliver.

A premiere for roundhouse tapes dvd.

a lot of great stuff has happened for opeth.

fyi there is a grammy category for metal, metallica will undoutedly win it this year, but honestly who gives a christ about the gay grammys

I spose almost the poster boys of metal, the flag bearers, you know?

Look at it this way.

If Opeth were Nominated for a grammy for watershed, who else do you think could touch them.
Metallica with death magntic? I would say no. Trivium with shogun. maybe. I really cant think of any band that could come close.

Leave this forum

I wouldn't say Opeth is the biggest metal band in the world. They are one of the best,
though, seeing as they haven't had a bad album in like 65 years...

Either way, Trivium blows.

There is a huge difference between "better" and "more popular." Are Opeth better than Metallica? Of course. Hands down. But if both were nominated for a grammy, who would win? Metallica, of course. Simply because they are better known and the grammies are nothing but a popularity contest. Simple as that.