Opeth's most mysterious

Well, defently Closure, my favorite song of Opeth's. I also think Weakness has a mystic edge to it... By The Pain I see In Others is damned mystified as well! And how can one ever forget Blackwater Park?!!

Here's one no one has mentioned: The Apostle in Triumph. Especially the highly debated ebow?/volume swell? part and the parts surrounding it.

its volume swell. mikael has said they didn't use ebow until still life. also when you see them play it live he doesn't have an ebow.

Its a little electronic device that you hold over the string, instead of plucking it. Not sure exactly how it works. I think it messes with the magnetics of the electric guitar and the string or something...

Anyway. It creates a continuous note, similar to a string instrument played with a bow (hence e-bow). Its used fairly extensively for those simple atmospheric lead lines that crop up from Still Life onwards.

Im fairly sure they dont use it live though. They substitue it with some sort of effect instead.

Weakness and The Grand Conjuration (it's just like walking through a damp, misty forest at night - at least on the clean parts this comes to miy mind :err: )

Braighs said:
oohhh. Rambunctious Primates Moaning Near Black Yelping Insects gives me the chills every time.

phew, I thought I was the only one. :p

I think BTPSIO is about someone who is in jail (i have a very personal concept story of the deliverance album,but that's another story).

worldwide_suicide said:
I think BTPSIO is about someone who is in jail (i have a very personal concept story of the deliverance album,but that's another story).

And where does the sex come in? There's definently some humpin' goin' on in that song.

blimey said:
By the Pain I See in Others

Thats right.
yeah.. id have to kinda sorta agree with you there. the new singing that came outta nowhere was good but.. it kinda came outta nowhere.. kinda sounded like a zerg from startcraft... still a great song though!:tickled: