Opinions on Raintime?

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
Knowing that Glenn was directly responsible for cleaning the shelves of many an online vendor due to confirming Raintime for PPUSA8, I'm surprised that the posts haven't been flying now that the (previously) uninitiated have received their copies of Tales From Sadness in the mail.

What's up with that?

Just trying to get some talk in the room, ya know?

Rock on!

Raintime...Rainfall...you say tomato...umm anyway...l've had Tales from Sadness for over a month...got through only half of it on 1st listen, vocals killed it for me. When they were announced l went back to it, vocals still don't do it for me. Good musicians though.

I'll be damned...I did type Rainfall, didn't I? Crap...

And you can't edit thread titles can you...? Never mind...figured it out...wow, I suck...

Raintime rules!! :headbang:

I think it's awesome that even in 2006 or 2007 the metal scene doesn't get dull and dilluted. That there is always some band that can come along out of nowhere and kick your f'n ass, or even an old favorite like Dragonland that can just as easily surprise you with something you never expected from them.

I love the debut CD, and from the samples of the soon to be released 2nd CD they have gotten better, and alittle more mature in their sound. As i am not a big fan of Unclean vocals, i really love the way they intermix the clean and unclean just as Mercenary does and i DO SO LOVE the new Mercenary 'The Hours that Remain". Which brings us around to Scar Symmetry and Voyager, which do the same thing and i am a big fan of both of these bands. In my opinion if you mix the clean with the unclean in manner in which they each compliment each other then woooohooooo i like it.

I got my cd last week and listened to it on the way to Iron Maiden last Saturday. I like the Unclean vocals with only 8 songs it was quick and easy to listen to. Good musicians and I can't to hear the next cd. For a debut cd it was good. They should rock next year.

I like it, and I wish it was longer. I thought there would be much more unclean vox but the majority is singing with harsh vocals only popping up here and there. I can hear elements of the band's influences (In Flames, Sonata Arctica) but this is very promising and I will definitely pick up their new album.

I also bought it from that initial announcement post (thanks rich)... and i liked it , nothing mindblowing, but it was good. I'm really looking forward to the new cd though, if Glenn thinks it's a huge leap forward for them then it should be brilliant. THe samples i've heard are fantastic.

I enjoyed the hell out of it!!!! I look forward to seeing them next year.

Repost from my previous thread, and the reason I put this new thread up:

A few times, some of their rhythms got a bit ploddingly mechanical (could have used a few more change-ups, or maybe just a bit more aggression), so that took a little edge off the material, but...considering they didn't have a full time lead guitarist...eh, who knows?

Bottom line, it's a diverse set of original songs made for a great album. Knowing that Glenn had mentioned that this one didn't really impress him, it has me totally intruiged for the Flies & Lies album.

Highly recommended!

Again, just wanted to see what the masses thought...cuz obviously someone's been snatching up this album. Also, I was amazed to see the people that came out of the wordwork saying that they had this album buried in their collection. This was a big surprise considering it was a band whose name was totally unknown to me...

Rock on!