Origins of your nickname

John Killeen was a very close friend of Chuck's, & the band, along with myself, he was some say "a living Saint", & a great person.
After is unexpected Death(heart attack or stroke), Chuck & Eric decided it would be cool to name their rehearsal & recording studio after him, his nickname was "Driftwood" or "wood" for short, & thats were the past couple albums were recorded. We miss him dearly, & think of him often, telling funny stories, & letting his memory live on, he always had a way of making people feel special & supported Testament & the music scene in general, to the fullest, & lived life the same way to the fullest. He worked at the Oakland Coliseum, were Chuck meet him. It seems like he was just here...................:( :( :( .............We miss him greatly, glad you asked, I always wondered if your nickname was related to him, but thought it must be something else, but I'm glad you have chosen it, he would be honored, may his spirit live on forever....................................:)

Originally posted by dRIFTWOOD
mine is after the DEMONIC dedication to John Killeen. Although I'm afraid I don't know his relationship with the Chuck and the guys. Do any of you?
I was ThePreacher on the OLD board...beni88 I remember you! What the hell is up?

Hey dude!!

The PREACHER!!!!! yeah man I remember you...its been a long time...I remember all those old school flame wars that place always had...I think we invented the "art" of flaming people...I cant remember too many other people...I think Jerry (pirahna), you, TestAmenTCs, liz metal, and Dirt...fuck I know I am forgetting people.

Cool stuff.

I been real busy with work..and checking from time to time for updates on the best fucking metal band EVER.

HELL YEA!!! Those were the good old days when the board was young and posers were crushed like a stale cookie :lol: :lol:

HAIL TO THE REGZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, first I tried to register here with my real nickname "Zeus" (no further explanation necessary, eh?) and then with "Spirit Crusher" (Chuck Schuldiner owned!)
So, my actual nick is taken from the "Known Space" Universe of Larry Niven :D
Chuut-Riit is the name of the Gouvernor of the human colony "Wunderland"(Alpha Centauri), occupated by the Kzinti, an alien race with strongly resembles to an intelligent version of terrestrian Tiger (look at my picture :).
These cat like dudes are extremely into the "blood & Honour" stuff (like Klingons)....does anyone want to read more?