Orphaned land wood logo

ChicKenKiLLER

Feb 23, 2002
Atlanta
Visit site
So check it out folks....Orphaned Land smokes!! so I made this logo....Its made from cedar in the background and white oak for the letters....I think it turned out real good......rock on!!
Orphanedland.jpg

Thats cool Folklore...I love it when people see that this is art..It gives me chills...Ive made quite a few logos and my party/metal room I have upstairs is covered with my wood stuff...If any of you have the Evergrey DVD "A night to remember" Tom Englund holds up a logo I traded them a shirt..CD and signed 8x10 for back in 2002...Its on the E-TV cribs section of the DVD...But anyways Tom holds the logo up and calls it art and says its fuckin amazing...Well that blew me away....Hey..if the Orphaned land band want to trade for some stuff....Id be willing to make another one... I dont ask for much..signed 8x10 for my room and a shirt?....Yossi?

You guys rock here!! Very cool indeed...Thanks for the kind words! Excuse my ignorance but I just noticed some of the names on this board match the Orphaned Land guys names...I assume they are the same people? I first heard OL at Progpwer USA and was blown away by their performance so I dont know anything about them...But I will....So I can see I might have to make more than 1 logo for you guys....Email me at dovell@adelphia.net and we can talk about trading.....Take care...Doug

ChicKenKiLLER said:
You guys rock here!! Very cool indeed...Thanks for the kind words! Excuse my ignorance but I just noticed some of the names on this board match the Orphaned Land guys names...I assume they are the same people? I first heard OL at Progpwer USA and was blown away by their performance so I dont know anything about them...But I will....So I can see I might have to make more than 1 logo for you guys....Email me at dovell@adelphia.net and we can talk about trading.....Take care...Doug

the names that match the bandmember names are really the bandmembers, most of them post here - KoB is Kobi and OrphanedMatti is Matti and Yossi is Yossi, etc etc

Awesome woodworking by the way - how long did it take you to complete that?

Thanks....Well first I had to blow up the Orphaned Land logo and draw out a pattern...Then I had to glue some cedar wood planks together because cedar doesnt come 16 inches wide,,Then trace the pattern on the wood and cut it out on my scroll saw...Then I cut out the letters in white oak then sand everything smooth and glue everything together..Then put 2 coats of semi gloss polyurethane on the logo..It takes about 8 hours to make the logo and 2 days for the finishing...And since I consider this art and would not make crap I take my time..By the way the idea to make this logo was Glenn Harvestons.....I think we all know him:headbang: and owe Glenn alot for bringing Progpower to us every year in the USA..so this logo is for him...But I have one as well....I wish I could make a lot more but I have a full time job and do wood stuff on the weekends if I feel like it...Thats the key to making quality stuff....I have to be "in the mood" Thanks again for the nice words people! Thats very cool to hear...