ORwarriOR- we have a date!!

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
Yes my friends- read all about it:
http://www.orphaned-disciples.org/site/lang/en/2009/11/12/lifting-the-veil-off-orwarrior/

Also don't forget to check the official site of the band for another teaser...
http://www.orphaned-land.com

ORPHANED_new.jpg

Just finished reading that 3 seconds back, the fervour is back and I'm insanely eager just like all of you to get my hands on this. The concept art/photo is amazing. Who ever argued that Kobi doesn't resemble Jesus?! :D I'm really proud to be a devotee of this band. [/back to Earth realm].

Is the Jewish guy on the left, Avi ? Haha Matti looks badass, like from the wild west or something. However, on closer inspection, Kobi looks like he's gonna kill me or just fart.

Hi hi Ananth, it was funny how you 'caught me in the act' of posting the news. Well- I said Kobi looks like Jesus from the very first time I saw him on stage!

Damn, I hope I get to see him on stage sometime soon.

There are some minor points I would like to comment about this art:

- Muslim guys are supposed to face the same direction (Mecca) when reading Qu'ran, and here Yossi and Uri are facing almost opposite directions. That could be an allegory for Shi'a and Sunni, still...

- It's logical to have two Jews - representing two major groups - Sephardi and Ashkenazi.

- I'm not sure whether gorgeous Shlomit symbolizes Miriam Magdalene. Perhaps so - and I think her wonderful dress would look quite shocking (and distracting) to some Muslims. Miriam (or Mary Magdalene) "... is referred to in early Christian writings as "the apostle to the apostles." She is repeatedly portrayed as a visionary and leader of the early movement"; "Neither the Bible nor any other early historical sources validate the claim [the popular myth that she was an undecent person] which apparently stems from an error in a sixth-century sermon by Pope Gregory the Great."

- Kobi's fingers position ("Sign Of The Cross"/the Tinity) are presumably characteristic to Greek Orthodox or Russian Old Believers church (http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipe...l_sinay.jpg/300px-Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg). Coptic Orthodox, Armenian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Catholic etc. would presumably have it differently:
http://img6.travelblog.org/Photos/1...tos-Eyesu-Monastery--Lake-Tana-Ethiopia-0.jpg
http://z4.foto.rambler.ru/public/luxuriance/2/3/1-web.jpg
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/jesus111007_468x591.jpg
http://www.wotcm.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Sign-of-the-cross-fingers-position.jpg

- Finally, the real Jesus (Yeshua) looked slightly differently than the image we are used to:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOLJ_ulg5B4&feature=related[/ame]

PS: These are nothing more than my BBC+wikipedia nerdish remarks.

OL-800.jpg

My minor interpretation is that they are both obliquely facing the same side i.e. us, Mecca, metaphorically. But the differences in their books confuses me.

Hi hi Ananth, it was funny how you 'caught me in the act' of posting the news. Well- I said Kobi looks like Jesus from the very first time I saw him on stage!

I always think about that when I see Kobi's pictures, especially during shows.

They are amazing. Notice the praying carpets used by Muslims where there are Matti and Avi

There are some minor points I would like to comment about this art:

- Muslim guys are supposed to face the same direction (Mecca) when reading Qu'ran, and here Yossi and Uri are facing almost opposite directions. That could be an allegory for Shi'a and Sunni, still...
Yossi and Uri are Muslims praying like Jews with a Jewish prayer book.
Avi and Matti are Jews praying like Muslims.
This mix between the two is the allegory here. "Our Muslims fans sing in hebrew, and our Jewish fans sing in arabic" -Kobi

- I'm not sure whether gorgeous Shlomit symbolizes Miriam Magdalene. Perhaps so - and I think her wonderful dress would look quite shocking (and distracting) to some Muslims. Miriam (or Mary Magdalene) "... is referred to in early Christian writings as "the apostle to the apostles." She is repeatedly portrayed as a visionary and leader of the early movement"; "Neither the Bible nor any other early historical sources validate that claim which apparently stems from an error in a sixth-century sermon by Pope Gregory the Great."
Yes, and?

- Finally, the real Jesus (Yeshua) looked slightly differently than the image we are used to:
Yes and?

This mix between the two is the allegory here. "Our Muslims fans sing in hebrew, and our Jewish fans sing in arabic" -Kobi
Thanks for explaining that - that is the key.

Yes, and?
Just a factual statement: Miriam was truly important in Christianity and she was a decent woman despite some myth.

These are nothing more than my BBC+wikipedia nerdish remarks.

Postmodernist; I see your comments. But please keep in mind the band has done this to underline their views on the world and religion. It is not about being dressed for a picture in the Bible or some other Holy Book. You are really missing the point here. Open your mind and try to look without the glasses of a scholar...

Thanks for explaining that. I was a little confused on what was going on. I love the picture...at first I thought Avi and Matti were getting arrested or something :loco:, until I zoomed in and saw them praying. I'm tired of these different release dates for different parts of the world...I have to wait until February :mad:

Thanks for explaining that. I was a little confused on what was going on. I love the picture...at first I thought Avi and Matti were getting arrested or something :loco:
:lol:And look, Kobi's got the gun :D

, until I zoomed in and saw them praying. I'm tired of these different release dates for different parts of the world...I have to wait until February :mad:
Yeah, usually it is because of the time to press the CD in some countries, or to have it sent it if it is not manufactured directly in the country...

@Morticia: In my opinion evolution of culture and religion as well as interpretations of religious symbols and norms is best viewed through the paradigm of factual historical (and social) sciences.

Art is free from science, however the perception of art depends on an individual's knowledge and associations, and I reflected my own interpretational context.

BC_A gave me the correct key, however I'm still trying to guess how representatives of different cultures would see and understand the image without given the original connotation.

PS: I can feel something very theatrical about the whole image. I think this could be an image from a philosophical play - the final scene or an image from a play's poster. And I guess I will find this intriguing play's plot in the late January.

Art is free from science, however the perception of art depends on an individual's knowledge and associations, and I reflected my own interpretational context.

OK- that is a different explanation from how you sounded.

BC_A gave me the correct key, however I'm still trying to guess how representatives of different cultures would see and understand the image without given the original connotation.

It is meant to make people think. But as you saw in the text that came with the info of the release date, Kobi already gave a motivation for the picture. So people who will come across the image will see it in the context of the bands ideas. If this incites them to investigate further- well that would be a good thing would it not?

PS: I can feel something very theatrical about the whole image. I think this could be an image from a philosophical play - the final scene or an image from a play's poster. And I guess I will find this intriguing play's plot in the late January.

I guess we'll have to wait till January to know if this is true.

I am hoping this is pressed on vinyl, as I am getting Mabool on vinyl soon and no longer purchase CDs...

From Facebook:
Someone commented: I don't understand the meaning of this photo, whatsoever.
Kobi replied: The meaning of the photo is - Utopia. the result that is created from Orphaned Land's music. when even muslims sing in Hebrew and Jews in Arabic, a synergy between the 3 monotheist religions.

And for those of you who are into facts: "...a heaven you may create" - photo by deadlineteam.com, makeup by Limor Segal

It's great to have a release date finaly!;) The new logo looks good, very artistic!:) I'm not sure about the promo photo though, so i'll stay far from comment it...